Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #1021
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
You can gift ebooks. Give it to someone who does.
How do you gift them? and how much personal info is revealed to the person getting the gift?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:07 PM   #1022
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
How do you gift them? and how much personal info is revealed to the person getting the gift?
There is a "Give as Gift" button towards the bottom of the "Buy Now" area. When you click that it asks for the recipients e-mail address and the date you woud like the gift emailed. Then underneath is an optional "Personalize your gift" section for adding their name (the recipient) and/or your name, plus a message.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2012, 04:14 PM   #1023
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Under the buy button is the gift button. It takes you to a form. you don't even have to give any "real" info. You have two choices. You will need your friend's email address or you can choose to email to self or print it out and give it them like in a card.

The basic form if you choose to email it to them is you enter their email address, their name and your name\nickname...etc and brief gift message.

I have done this with music. My hubby has a student account and he got some free music credits so I gifted the songs to our main account so it be on the cloud for the both of us.

I don't see why it wouldn't work with these special offers. It may not I've never tried it maybe someone here has?
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:27 PM   #1024
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
There is a "Give as Gift" button towards the bottom of the "Buy Now" area. When you click that it asks for the recipients e-mail address and the date you woud like the gift emailed. Then underneath is an optional "Personalize your gift" section for adding their name (the recipient) and/or your name, plus a message.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Under the buy button is the gift button. It takes you to a form. you don't even have to give any "real" info. You have two choices. You will need your friend's email address or you can choose to email to self or print it out and give it them like in a card.

The basic form if you choose to email it to them is you enter their email address, their name and your name\nickname...etc and brief gift message.

I have done this with music. My hubby has a student account and he got some free music credits so I gifted the songs to our main account so it be on the cloud for the both of us.

I don't see why it wouldn't work with these special offers. It may not I've never tried it maybe someone here has?
Thanks for the info, guys. My main concern is that my name and/or the email address I use for Amazon is revealed. I'll play with it and see what gets revealed.

Blossom, if I can maintain my real anonymity, I'll gift you your choice of romance novel from the $1 offer when it appears.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:08 AM   #1025
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Wow, down to just two active Special Offers. That's the lowest it's been since the first two offers back in May 2011.
  • 08 Jan: Save $10 on a $20 grocery purchase at Soap.com -- exp 12 Feb
  • 01 Feb: Get $2 Off an MP3 Classical Crossover Album -- exp 04 Mar
Advert
Old 02-08-2012, 08:08 AM   #1026
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
You can blame me for this situation. It often happens that when I discover some cool new thing, it quickly goes away.

I've turned of SOs (or rather, haven't bothered to turn them back on since Amazon replaced my device for me last week) so you all should see good offers come back soon now....

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:05 AM   #1027
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
They don't see your email address, but they do see your name.

But, you could send it to a dummy address, then forward from there (be sure it's one you can log into, though), editing out the info from the original email.

It might show up on the web page, though, when the person uses the gift.

I don't know if you can "print it out", as mine haven't had codes, but just a big "get this book" button, from what I can remember.

ETA: I have used this with the $1 promos and it does work. Enter the code (make sure you get a green success msg), then gift the book. On the book summary page, you can see that you were charged $1

Last edited by koland; 02-09-2012 at 12:14 AM.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:50 AM   #1028
celemark
Enthusiast
celemark doesn't littercelemark doesn't litter

Device: EBookwise-1150, PocketBook 360, Kindle 3 SO 3G, PocketBook Touch Lux 5
I haven't seen any ads/deals on my KSO for at least a week. The screensaver is the generic letter jumble and the ad area in the menu just asks me to connect to download the special offers. I turn on the 3G every day for at least thirty minutes and also try to sync/view special offers, but still nothing.
celemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:01 AM   #1029
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by celemark View Post
I haven't seen any ads/deals on my KSO for at least a week. The screensaver is the generic letter jumble and the ad area in the menu just asks me to connect to download the special offers. I turn on the 3G every day for at least thirty minutes and also try to sync/view special offers, but still nothing.
Try connecting with wifi. If that doesn't work, try rebooting your Kindle. If that doesn't work, call Kindle CS at 1-866-321-8851.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:05 AM   #1030
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
They don't see your email address, but they do see your name.

But, you could send it to a dummy address, then forward from there (be sure it's one you can log into, though), editing out the info from the original email.

It might show up on the web page, though, when the person uses the gift.

I don't know if you can "print it out", as mine haven't had codes, but just a big "get this book" button, from what I can remember.

ETA: I have used this with the $1 promos and it does work. Enter the code (make sure you get a green success msg), then gift the book. On the book summary page, you can see that you were charged $1
Thanks for the info. They certainly don't make this easy.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:03 AM   #1031
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

New Offer (claim by 12 Feb)
  • Get one of 100 Romance eBook titles for $1 -- exp 12 Mar
Old 02-09-2012, 03:21 AM   #1032
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
New Offer (claim by 12 Feb)
  • Get one of 100 Romance eBook titles for $1 -- exp 12 Mar
Finally an offer I like! Off to see the choices.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:32 AM   #1033
KarenH
Addict
KarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five wordsKarenH can name that ebook in five words

Device: K3
I'm out in the middle of nowhere and won't have access to either wifi or 3G until the weekend. Can someone please post a link to the offer page so I can see what books are available?

Thanks!
KarenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:40 AM   #1034
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
I'm out in the middle of nowhere and won't have access to either wifi or 3G until the weekend. Can someone please post a link to the offer page so I can see what books are available?

Thanks!
Here you go. Grab it fast, because it probably has an affialte link in it from Amazon and I forgot how to remove them.

Remember, you need to claim this offer from your Kindle before 11:59 pm (Pacific Time) 12 Feb or you'll lose it.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:43 AM   #1035
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenH View Post
I'm out in the middle of nowhere...
Are you out in the Olympic Peninsula?