Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 04-25-2011, 07:28 PM   #1
intranet
intranet began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
How to reinstall original firmware in PRS-300?

I search a lot over the net to find a way to reinstall original copy of the PRS-300 firmware (I have a .img copy of it) and I found many post that ask the same, but everybody told how to install custom firmware (PRS+, eBook aplications etc.) and nobody tells how to install the original one. Please, I now there are a lot of firmwares running out there, but I want to have the original one, anybody knows how??

Thanks a lot!!
intranet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
Hoyt Clagwell
Not an Addict
Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The blue one next to the fish.
Have tried a hard reset on the Sony?

From the Wiki:

Hard Reset (PRS-300)

WARNING: A HARD RESET WILL ERASE ALL CONTENT ON THE READER.

1. Power off the Reader.

2. On the bottom edge of the Reader, using a pin or paper clip, press the RESET button.

3. Turn on the Reader.

4. While the screen displays Opening book... , simultaneously press and hold down the down arrow of the directional button and the 0 button until the Reset All screen is displayed.

NOTE: If Opening book... does not display on the screen, charge the Reader's battery for several hours before
attempting the reset process again.

5. Press the 5 button to reset the Reader.
Hoyt Clagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2011, 08:06 PM   #3
intranet

Thanks for your response! Yes, I forgot to write it, I did a hard reset. It solved a problem with the firmware I have (PRS+), but it not bring the original one, only restore itself (the PRS+ firmware). Is there any way to flash the original firmware?
Old 04-25-2011, 08:41 PM   #4
Hoyt Clagwell
Not an Addict
Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The blue one next to the fish.
Flashing is above my pay grade. Hopefully someone will come along soon with an answer.
Hoyt Clagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:47 PM   #5
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by intranet View Post
I search a lot over the net to find a way to reinstall original copy of the PRS-300 firmware (I have a .img copy of it) and I found many post that ask the same, but everybody told how to install custom firmware (PRS+, eBook aplications etc.) and nobody tells how to install the original one. Please, I now there are a lot of firmwares running out there, but I want to have the original one, anybody knows how??

Thanks a lot!!
Universal Flasher with original firmware of PRS-300 (18160) in:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LD6FBFBQ

1. connect the reader (USB)
2. Copy the folder "sony reader" (extract to Zip) on root of memory internal
3. Disconnect USB
4. See the menú. Push 6. Copy...Flashing... When finished, restart with 9.
5. Connect USB and delete the folder "sony reader"
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2011, 12:07 PM   #6
intranet

It worked!! Thanks a lot!! I hope it will help someone!
Old 11-07-2015, 09:10 AM   #7
Guiltyr1
Connoisseur
Guiltyr1 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Padigital Novel
Quote:
Originally Posted by surquizu View Post
Universal Flasher with original firmware of PRS-300 (18160) in:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LD6FBFBQ

1. connect the reader (USB)
2. Copy the folder "sony reader" (extract to Zip) on root of memory internal
3. Disconnect USB
4. See the menú. Push 6. Copy...Flashing... When finished, restart with 9.
5. Connect USB and delete the folder "sony reader"
I know this is a shot in the dark... But, any chance you still have this firmware? I have the PRS-300 which I would like to carry around if I don't want to take my new paperwhite - I am less careful with this one but would like to use it..
Guiltyr1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware, original, prs-300