Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-03-2008, 07:44 AM   #16
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Tee hee.....you're all old.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 07:56 AM   #17
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post

Cheers,
Marc
Watch it youngster, or I'll run you over with my zimmer frame!

(muttering in old mans voice)
Damn whippersnappers, no respect for their elders... In my days we never would have mouthed off like that... whats the world coming too?
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2008, 08:26 AM   #18
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
That's why I named Captain Carolyn Kestral after a bird of prey.
Isn't the bird of prey a 'kestrel', rather than 'kestral' - or is that how it's spelt in the US?

If I was going to have all-action hero named after a bird of prey I'd call him Peregrine.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 08:30 AM   #19
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Isn't the bird of prey a 'kestrel', rather than 'kestral' - or is that how it's spelt in the US?

If I was going to have all-action hero named after a bird of prey I'd call him Peregrine.
And you'd get your butt sued by the estate of J.R.R. Tolkien

I think you can use both Kestrel and Kestral actually.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 04:31 PM   #20
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Quote:

Cheers,
Marc
Just you wait, Marc. You'll be old too. Unless you're dead first.
Old is definitely better.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2008, 10:27 PM   #21
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
And you'd get your butt sued by the estate of J.R.R. Tolkien

I think you can use both Kestrel and Kestral actually.
Peregrine was also used by George R.R. Martin's Wildcards series.

Re spelling: As long as the reference is clear, it's not important. (Hawke... Gunn... etc)
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 10:34 PM   #22
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
If I wanted to have a cool all-action hero with a bird-of-prey name, I wouldn't give him the first name of Carolyn!

I liked Kestral for a number of reasons: It is a bird of prey, though not a large one (which, to me, fit the female character better); It's rarely been used for a literary character; It sounded like a credible last name; and It was easy to type.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:01 AM   #23
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
Just you wait, Marc. You'll be old too. Unless you're dead first.
Old is definitely better.
I'm sorry, but you'll have to provide references to your data. I think a minimum data set of about a thousand each of the experiences of both variables would be required to draw any kind of conclusion. The "old" shouldn't be difficult, but if you're having any difficulty with the "dead", might I direct you towards to MPAA and RIAA's legal advisors.

Cheers,
Marc ("People try to put us down...")
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:20 PM   #24
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I'm sorry, but you'll have to provide references to your data. I think a minimum data set of about a thousand each of the experiences of both variables would be required to draw any kind of conclusion. The "old" shouldn't be difficult, but if you're having any difficulty with the "dead", might I direct you towards to MPAA and RIAA's legal advisors.
I think the fact that you simply can't convince a dead person to tell you how good death is, pretty much says it all.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:52 AM   #25
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
\conspiracy\
Ronald Reagan kept saying how much he was enjoying himself. Even after he was shot in front of the DC Hilton.
\conspiracy off\

pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
unutterable silliness