Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-21-2010, 06:15 AM   #1
Icarusbop
Groupie
Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.Icarusbop knows what's going on.

Device: PRS505
Temporal Void :By Peter F Hamilton.

Hello:

I'm looking for the book Temporal Void :By Peter F Hamilton in ePub.
I've been having a look around...
Fictionwise have it for $28.00 which is outrageous for a book that was published in 2008
Waterstones are selling it for £15.52, which is also outrageous.
I can find it on 'diesel-ebooks', (this is a good one), in Mobi it is $5.17, but if you want the same book in ePub they are asking for $19.04 - really, what the hell does the ePub have that makes it worth $13.87 extra???

Things like this really wind me up about ebooks (which I have been supporting for decades!)
Does anyone know where I can buy this ebook in epub for a realistic price please?

Icarusbop
Icarusbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:16 AM   #2
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Buy the cheaper version and convert to the format of your choice. I know it shouldn't have to be that way, but that's how it is.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2010, 11:15 AM   #3
atidball
Enthusiast
atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.atidball can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Looks like the best option for the UK is probably to buy direct from Pan Macmillan @£8.99. Their store used to be DRM free. Not sure if it still is.

Here's a direct link to the Temporal Void epub(aka Adobe digital edition):
http://www.panmacmillan.com/titles/d...2001&Category=
atidball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:47 AM   #4
boydcarts
Connoisseur
boydcarts began at the beginning.

Device: Nook WiFi, iPad2
If you can overcome the georestrictions, the Sony store has it for $7.59 (US).
boydcarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:19 AM   #5
Croptop
Groupie
Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Pixel 8 Pro
Damn! I got all excited thinking that someone had spotted and posted a freebie deal for "The Temporal Void".

Best of luck with your search. I second the suggestion of buying the inexpensive Mobi version and converting it to ePub.
Croptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert