Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 04-29-2024, 01:22 PM   #1
rjwse@aol.com
Addict
rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle epub readers on android
editor chains search and replace

I see there is a way to limit search and replace to current file, but I do not see how to limit search and replace to a highlighted section within a file. Is this possible? Best regards, Pop
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2024-04-29 12-15-52.png
Views:	58
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	207914  
rjwse@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 07:19 AM   #2
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
When I was coding it, I was not able to make this option work for some reason I do not remember now (It was 3 years ago). So I ended up abandoning this option because I did not think it would have much value for automation. If you are going to mark text, you are already in interactive mode and can apply calibre saved searches directly.
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2024, 08:54 AM   #3
rjwse@aol.com
Addict
rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
When I was coding it, I was not able to make this option work for some reason I do not remember now (It was 3 years ago). So I ended up abandoning this option because I did not think it would have much value for automation. If you are going to mark text, you are already in interactive mode and can apply calibre saved searches directly.
Thanks for replying. If you (1) mark text, (2) go interactive mode, (3) can you chain
a list of search and replace? Best regards, Pop
Old 04-30-2024, 09:06 AM   #4
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, it will not work.
Old 04-30-2024, 09:21 AM   #5
capink
Wizard

Try this version and see whether it works for you. I gave it a quick go, but I am not willing to dig deeper on this issue.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Editor Chains_1.1.8.zip (218.7 KB, 18 views)
Advert
Old 04-30-2024, 10:14 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You can select more than 1 SAVED SEARCH, and click Replace all in the Editor. That works for the selected search 'scope'

It is the 'selected text' bit that has me puzzled.
If this is repetitive, can't you just make the FIND more refined so that the Selected Text is not needed?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2024, 07:33 PM   #7
rjwse@aol.com
Addict

Quote:
Try this version and see whether it works for you. I gave it a quick go, but I am not willing to dig deeper on this issue.
Thanks for this. I will download and try it. Best regards, Pop
Old 04-30-2024, 07:57 PM   #8
rjwse@aol.com
Addict

thanks

Quote:
You can select more than 1 SAVED SEARCH, and click Replace all in the Editor. That works for the selected search 'scope'

It is the 'selected text' bit that has me puzzled.
If this is repetitive, can't you just make the FIND more refined so that the Selected Text is not needed?
I did not know you could highlight search and replace items! Thanks. You can also select text in the tag browser at the same time (it turns yellow with ctrl-shft-m) and when you hit Replace All it works flawlessly.
I do my primary writing in the tag editor and no longer employ text editor or word processor. I do a lot of text expansion with calibre's snippets, but they require initiation with ctrl-j afterwords. I have tried out autokey (not autohotkey) but it will not use regex.
This works real well for my purposes. It's compact. The top line numbers 1-0 produce four different text expansions for each key press depending on what is around the number: space1space, letter1space, space1letter, letter1space produce four different outputs. So you can input suffixes, prefixes, internal, or free-standing. Best regards, Pop
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2024-04-30 18-50-51.png
Views:	30
Size:	407.6 KB
ID:	207951   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2024-04-30 18-50-21.png
Views:	27
Size:	393.0 KB
ID:	207952