Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-28-2014, 02:04 PM   #436
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post

OH, ETA, if you're looking for a really different, well-written [IMO] read, Transcendence by Shay Savage is supposed to be reduced to $2.99 I LOVED it. There's VERY little dialogue in it, very unique storyline but like I said, IMO, incredibly well done.

blurb: It’s said that women and men are from two different planets when it comes to communication, but how can they overcome the obstacles of prehistoric times when one of them simply doesn’t have the ability to comprehend language?
Ehd’s a caveman living on his own in a harsh wilderness. He’s strong and intelligent, but completely alone. When he finds a beautiful young woman in his pit trap, it’s obvious to him that she is meant to be his mate. He doesn’t know where she came from, she’s wearing some pretty odd clothing, and she makes a lot of noises with her mouth that give him a headache. Still, he’s determined to fulfill his purpose in life – provide for her, protect her, and put a baby in her.
Elizabeth doesn’t know where she is or exactly how she got there. She’s confused and distressed by her predicament, and there’s a caveman hauling her back to his cavehome. She’s not at all interested in Ehd’s primitive advances, and she just can’t seem to get him to listen. No matter what she tries, getting her point across to this primitive but beautiful man is a constant – and often hilarious – struggle.
With only each other for company, they must rely on one another to fight the dangers of the wild and prepare for the winter months. As they struggle to coexist, theirs becomes a love story that transcends language and time.
That one is on my wishlist. I've been waiting for it to hit kobo.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 02:51 PM   #437
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
OH, ETA, if you're looking for a really different, well-written [IMO] read, Transcendence by Shay Savage is supposed to be reduced to $2.99 I LOVED it. There's VERY little dialogue in it, very unique storyline but like I said, IMO, incredibly well done.
OK, I checked the pricing history on this author's books and ended up caving for the caveman at $2.99.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2014, 03:37 PM   #438
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
OK, I checked the pricing history on this author's books and ended up caving for the caveman at $2.99.
LOL, good one! I've had it on my wishlist since it released so I grabbed it as soon as it dropped. She's pretty much auto-buy author for me and doesn't put her books on sale a lot so I grab them when she does. Please let me know what you thought of it when you get around to reading it.
Blue2u is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 05:28 PM   #439
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane A View Post
She explains it well! I had one last thought, the Unfinished Hero series does have Lee in Rock Chick mentioned in it, but I think if you read UF after the ones already mentioned you'll be fine.
Added that to my notes as well.
Blue2u is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 06:30 PM   #440
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Well now I have to go and buy Colorado 2-4 since I'm closing in on Rock Chick #8. (I had RC #7 as my next KA to read). I had thought I was going to go to Dream Man after Rock Chick.

So I guess now my reading order will be Colorado 1-4 then RC 7&8 and then back to Dream Man. Sheesh! When I'm finished with all those then it will be 2017 and I can reassess.
I started 8 when it came out and yes it's sooo different from the other parts of the series so going back and reading other books makes sense still have to deal with listening Ally whine and just be plain mean so I don't mind waiting and reading her other series. I have read Sweet Dreams but will probably need to refresh myself with it again. There's so much you can miss if not read in the right order.

OT: I have internet again as of this morning and am typing this from my desktop!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2014, 09:15 PM   #441
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Has anyone else noticed that Amazon changed the view on 'Manage Your Content & Devices'?

UGH! I hate the new look!
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:26 PM   #442
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Fire HD, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
Has anyone else noticed that Amazon changed the view on 'Manage Your Content & Devices'?
I have now.

It's bad enough that it's ugly, but it's suddenly a lot harder to use. I'm sure the new layout works great on Kindles, Ultrabooks, and other portable devices with small screens, but I use a 24-inch monitor with this desktop. I should not have to shrink my browser window to be able to manage my Kindle content.
ScalyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:38 PM   #443
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScalyFreak View Post
I have now.

It's bad enough that it's ugly, but it's suddenly a lot harder to use. I'm sure the new layout works great on Kindles, Ultrabooks, and other portable devices with small screens, but I use a 24-inch monitor with this desktop. I should not have to shrink my browser window to be able to manage my Kindle content.
Same here. I hate it. UGH! Took me forever to figure out how to return a library book.

I would not be surprised if they end up putting all genre together or able to search by genre.

**Anyone have any suggestions on what to read next. I am not a fan of vampires, or paranormal. Something contemporary, historical (mistorical), romantic suspense, romantic mystery. I can't decide. So that leaves me open for someone to suggest a book and I read it.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:43 PM   #444
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe
ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScalyFreak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I thought The Embattled Series that was talked about earlier in this thread (or was it last month?), was very good. Contemporary, a little bit of suspense. Scarred/disabled war veterans as heroes, and heroic women with (sometimes) difficult pasts.

If you have Prime I'm happy to lend you my copies if you're interested but hesitant to buy.

EDIT:
Link to the first in the series

Last edited by ScalyFreak; 05-28-2014 at 09:53 PM.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:14 PM   #445
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

Thanks I got #1. I don't have prime. I do not watch movies/tv with my internet. uses to much bandwidth.. then I do not buy enough to justify it for shipping charges.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:31 PM   #446
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe

For what it's worth, the rest of the series was well worth reading as well.

The lending offer is open to other regulars in this thread, btw. Just send me a PM with the email address you want to use.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:39 PM   #447
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

already into Chapter 2 and I love it.

But I love my Kindle Fire cover. I can stand it up and read while on computer. Best part it makes the men in my house mad because they cannot type without looking at their fingers / keyboard lmao
Old 05-28-2014, 11:00 PM   #448
ScalyFreak
Sith Wannabe

You wouldn't happen to have a link to that cover? I'm looking for one as a surprise gift for my husband's kindle Fire.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:13 PM   #449
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy

Quote:
You wouldn't happen to have a link to that cover? I'm looking for one as a surprise gift for my husband's kindle Fire.
sure do

http://amazon.com/gp/product/B00EA1N9BW/

I got the black cover, but I love it. It has a strap to hold with your hand and a great stylus.

I got the screen protector also and saved 2 or 3 dollars.

Let me know if you want pictures and I will take them. But I love the cover. Was not expensive like others I have seen.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:08 AM   #450
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
I have now.

But...it does look like you can deliver or delete (for me, expired library books) a batch of books at once. This will be a huge time saver for me.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote