Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 12-02-2010, 01:32 PM   #1
demingite
Connoisseur
demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro (gifted), Ectaco Jetbook Lite
Libre Pro MP3 player

I've been playing around with the Libre Pro for several days and I like it very much as an ereader. I didn't have any high expectations for the MP3 player, but the one on mine is terrible. It crackles and pops and the volume shifts constantly. Everything else works just fine on it. I do have the latest firmware, and it was just as bad before I upgraded. Is mine defective and is it worth contacting Aluratek? I'm not even sure if I'll ever use it, but who knows.
demingite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:03 PM   #2
MR. Pockets
Addict
MR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Aluratek Libre Pro
Mine does crackle and pop some (mostly when I am using the mp3 player for background music), but I have never had the volume change by itself. I would contact them.
MR. Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2010, 06:33 PM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Just a thought, you can probably pick up a decent clip-on mp3 player for less than
it will cost to ship your Libre in for repairs.

For me it seems like a clip-on MP3 player and earphones are about the same amount
of hassle as the earphones all by themselves. So it's not much different having to
carry around a set of earphones to plug into the Libre or not and using a clipon and
earphones, instead.

Luck;
Ken

P.S. Not an issue for my JBL.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:03 PM   #4
demingite
Connoisseur
demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro (gifted), Ectaco Jetbook Lite
Smile MP3 issue solved!

Contacted Aluratek support by email taoday and they got back to me very quickly. It seems that the Libre Pro can only handle MP3s recorded at 128kps or less. I converted some songs using MP3 Quality Modifier and they sound 100% better. They should include that info in the instructions. Anyway, I like it even better now.
demingite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 08:12 AM   #5
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
I would suggest that you go to this forum http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/. The folks over there know everything that anyone could ever possibly know about MP3 players. Most makers do not include tech info in their instructions because that document is ment for the layperson. Some makers will publish a tech document that will go over that sort of info becuase that document is clearly noted as for techs not the layperson.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert