Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-20-2012, 07:27 AM   #46
gjergji
gjergji began at the beginning.

Device: none
searching for any new user reviews... if anyone has got hold of his.. let us know any thoughts..
gjergji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:03 AM   #47
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
So far I only managed to find this:
http://www.darkmadness.com/readers-r...-i62ml-aurora/
http://translate.google.com/translat...ed=0CGUQ7gEwBg

Last edited by yayo; 11-20-2012 at 08:05 AM.
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:35 AM   #48
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

btw, ereader-store.de is now offering a 4gb version of the Firefly
Old 11-21-2012, 02:24 PM   #49
vvilmos
Connoisseur
vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.vvilmos knows what's going on.

Device: Onyx M92, K3
I'd like to know if in the Firefly the light can be turned off completely
or a minimum amount of light is always present (as in PaperWhite Kindle).

Thank you.
vvilmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:13 AM   #50
math64
math64 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92M, i62ML (firefly)
Firefly's light can be turned off completely. It is the initial state then you turn on the device.
Fast way to turn the light on/off is long press BACK button. But release the button just after the turning or it will act as BACK.

Last edited by math64; 11-22-2012 at 12:15 AM.
math64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:14 AM   #51
BibboTheGreat
BibboTheGreat began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello guys,
I am new here and I like this forum because there are many opinions
I have questions at the moment about the Boox i62HD:
1) Use of dictionaries: How can I install them? Where can I find them? (I can use the dic.install files such as in the Cybook Odyssey? "http://176.31.234.27/dic") Can I search the word like in a Kindle Touch, just touching on the display?
2) PDF rendering and reflow? What about them? I was close to order the new Cybook Odyssey HD FrontLight, but a German guy's review discouraged me: maybe there is a problem with the PDF rendering (I'll write an other post about it)
3) Boox looks more as computer than a simple eReader! what are the functions?
4) Is it possible to download a manual in English language? (it would the simple way to calm-down all my doubts) :-) heheh
Thank you

Bibbo
BibboTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 01:53 AM   #52
math64
math64 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92M, i62ML (firefly)
Russian firefly goes with Russian-English and English-Russian dictionaries, but without sound.
You need to have 3 files with dictionary: .dict.dz, .idx, .ifo
You can put them to dicts folder in internal memory or microSD card.

PDFReader is not such good as new one for i62HD without firefly, but I hope Booxtor makes new firmware soon.

You make own programs for Onyx, but it is not easy, because there is no documentation.
You can install chess, reversi, checkers and some more games.
math64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:12 AM   #53
stadja
stadja doesn't litterstadja doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox m92
Hello
I just receive my i62hd (not firefly because I don't care about the lighting stuff).

First, kuddo to Booxtor because it arrived in 6 days, I'm in France and such a quick service is totally awesome.

Now,
I played with it like 3 hours yesterday, so I'm a total noob. I learned a lot on this forum so I updated my i62hd to 1.8 and all of this.

I will use it with pdf, and it's true that it's awesome all you can do with it... but the problem is that I don't understand anything with all the options of page setting and everything...
is there a good manual somewhere ? Because all I could find was an old one not talking at all about the software...
I really need to have some help about this... if there is not a good a manual down there, I will start a thread listing a lot of questions about this
stadja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:01 AM   #54
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by stadja View Post
Hello
I just receive my i62hd (not firefly because I don't care about the lighting stuff).

First, kuddo to Booxtor because it arrived in 6 days, I'm in France and such a quick service is totally awesome.

Now,
I played with it like 3 hours yesterday, so I'm a total noob. I learned a lot on this forum so I updated my i62hd to 1.8 and all of this.

I will use it with pdf, and it's true that it's awesome all you can do with it... but the problem is that I don't understand anything with all the options of page setting and everything...
is there a good manual somewhere ? Because all I could find was an old one not talking at all about the software...
I really need to have some help about this... if there is not a good a manual down there, I will start a thread listing a lot of questions about this

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=911

I know is difficolt to understand, I spend on it 2 days but now it works fine, at page 62 en following you can find more info

bye!
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:57 AM   #55
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by BibboTheGreat View Post
Hello guys,
I am new here and I like this forum because there are many opinions
I have questions at the moment about the Boox i62HD:
1) Use of dictionaries: How can I install them? Where can I find them? (I can use the dic.install files such as in the Cybook Odyssey? "http://176.31.234.27/dic") Can I search the word like in a Kindle Touch, just touching on the display?
2) PDF rendering and reflow? What about them? I was close to order the new Cybook Odyssey HD FrontLight, but a German guy's review discouraged me: maybe there is a problem with the PDF rendering (I'll write an other post about it)
3) Boox looks more as computer than a simple eReader! what are the functions?
4) Is it possible to download a manual in English language? (it would the simple way to calm-down all my doubts) :-) heheh
Thank you

Bibbo
Hi,

1) Dictionaries:
Here http://abloz.com/huzheng/stardict-dic/
you can download and try out a lot of StarDict dictionaries. Please note that the downloaded format must be StarDict (not XDXF)

Please also check that link if the link above is dead:
http://code.google.com/p/stardict-3/...adDictionaries

How to install Stardict dictionaries to Onyx Boox:
1. Create folder "dicts" (either on a SD-card or in internal memory)
2. Unpack the downloaded archive - it contains a folder with 3 files.
3. Create a new folder in your "dict" folder with the name of dictionary (stardict-English_German e.g.) and copy the 3 files into this folder

2) IMHO PDF Readers of Boox are much better than on other EINK devices. Just try it.
3) You are right. An ereader is actually a computer with all basic functions, which a computer has.
4) User manual (with explanation of recently implemented features) will be available soon.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:43 PM   #56
stadja
stadja doesn't litterstadja doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inemi View Post
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=911
I know is difficolt to understand, I spend on it 2 days but now it works fine, at page 62 en following you can find more info
THANK YOU SO MUCH...
that was very helpful

I am chosing a eReader for my girlfriend who is in desperate need of a good pdf reader / anotator... plus as she take the train a lot, she can't go with the bigger m92...
I must say that so far I'm fairly pleased with the i62hd !

The margin / cropping is sometimes still a bit strange (the "zoom to width" does work but... when it wants: it zooms much more than the boundaries you give it with the 2 point page settings, I find)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
4) User manual (with explanation of recently implemented features) will be available soon.
That's a VERY good news too well, well, well...
stadja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:46 AM   #57
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
http://www.casadellibro.com/Ereader-...readerTagusLux

Is this a clone of Firefly?
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 04:15 AM   #58
yayo
Groupie

It definitely looks so, however it says 256 mb ram in the specs, wonder if it's a typo.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:29 AM   #59
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayo View Post
It definitely looks so, however it says 256 mb ram in the specs, wonder if it's a typo.
Indeed, are 256 MB of RAM.

Also market this other than 9.7" http://www.casadellibro.com/Ereader-...aderTagusMagno
That looks like the white M92...

The strange thing is that this dealer does not appear in the list of Onyx: http://www.onyx-international.com/en/agents.html
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:11 AM   #60
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by fraylocus View Post
Indeed, are 256 MB of RAM.

Also market this other than 9.7" http://www.casadellibro.com/Ereader-...aderTagusMagno
That looks like the white M92...

The strange thing is that this dealer does not appear in the list of Onyx: http://www.onyx-international.com/en/agents.html
Those devices are manufactured by Onyx too. But casadellibro.com is not an Onyx agent or distributor. Those devices are rebranded Onyx devices for an ebook content provider...They use their own software and AFAIK it will be impossible to install the regular Onyx software, our PDF Reader, FB Reader and Cool Reader to those devices.

The selling model is similar to Amazon - you will be able to use content of the seller only. This is why those devices are slightly cheaper than ours. The device price is also offered without additional accessories - they must be purchased separately.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote