Notices

Old 06-17-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
tracym
tracym began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
calibre and kobo vox update

please help a newbie out.

Hello all.

I downloaded the new update for my vox (so I could get google play) and all my books are gone gone gone.. I cant get them back into my vox via calibre.. WTF? Is there any EASY way to do it? (I am totally not a computer person LOL) I lost over 150 books. I am livid. Kobo is washing there hands of it. I tried a factory restart but of course it searched for new updates and downloaded google play. So pissed off. Sorry if this question has been asked. I am new to this forum and looking for help. Thank you so much.
tracym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:34 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Wait for the next release of calibre, it has some support for the new Vox firmware. And in the future, never leave your books on a device. In the current climate, devices are not under their user's control, anything can happen to them. Always best to keep your files on your computer, where they are under your control.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:33 AM   #3
BWinmill
Nameless Being

I don't have my Vox on me, so I can't give you exact directions, but loading books on to the Vox is a two step process: you copy the files to the Vox first (you can use Calibre for that), then you import the books using the Vox ereader app. (Try finding it in the menu from the library.)

Again, my apologies for not being more specific. It's just that my Vox is at home and I usually use a different app for third party ebooks.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:48 AM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
In the meantime, if you are using the Calibre server, you can use a browser on the Vox to access your Calibre library that way. I wouldn't want to transfer 200 books that way, but you can probably wait a week for the new driver shtuff to happen to do that.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:50 PM   #5
tracym
tracym began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
i still have all the books on calibre on the computer... they are safe. but just not on the vox.
tracym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:20 PM   #6
rejmac
rejmac began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
I am so waiting for calibre's update this Friday... I can't sync my Vox with it.
Patience is a virtue...
rejmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #7
nuttkayc
nuttkayc began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
When is this update? I needs my new books. Or, sigh, I could drag and drop them. Such a hassle.
nuttkayc is offline   Reply With Quote