Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

View Poll Results: The Sony Reader is available for order. Did you order it already?
Yes! 24 46.15%
No. 28 53.85%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-28-2006, 01:44 PM   #91
Slava
Addict
Slava doesn't litterSlava doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500 · iPad · K3
It's 10/07 for me, they've updated estimated delivery date around 8am EST
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:52 PM   #92
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Yep, my arrival estimate got pushed back also, but only to 10/6 so far.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2006, 06:40 PM   #93
Greg G
Groupie
Greg G is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Papwerwhite
Mine is pushed to 10/6 "in home" as well. Perhaps I'll get able to get it a day sooner since I'll be picking it up at the post office and won't have to wait for the next day's mail carrier.

Mine is still in the sorting center (since 9:20am yesterday). How long does it take to sort? Of course it could just not be recording progress properly. Anyone have their reader leave the sorting center yet?

Last edited by Greg G; 09-28-2006 at 06:42 PM.
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:44 PM   #94
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I am still on 10/05/2006. Kinda ironic since I won't be able to pick it up any time soon (talking about months).
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:57 PM   #95
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
Hey, looks like my dock has also shipped.....
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-28-2006, 07:50 PM   #96
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Quote:
Mine is still in the sorting center (since 9:20am yesterday)
I have not used this FedEx "Service" before but if it is turned over to the USPO at this point, the tracking data the good 'ole govenment provides is normally out of date and useless. Kinda on the order of "this item was received for shipping" (which I already knew) and then "this item has been delivered" (which I also already knew). Basically useless, in other words.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:00 PM   #97
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Me too!

I'm also on for 10-6-06 & it has been in the sorting area since 9:20AM on the 27th.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:06 AM   #98
Slava
Addict

Small update on FedEx SlowPost
>September 28, 2006 8:00 AM Sortation Center Departure LOS ANGELES, CA
Old 09-29-2006, 10:11 AM   #99
Kosst Amojan
Addict
Kosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Damnit they lied to me! Both the Sony Store's around here told me they would be getting the Reader in next week but I just called them and they told me "later on in the month" Bastards, I could have ordered it online.
Kosst Amojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:15 AM   #100
CCDMan

Quote:
Small update on FedEx SlowPost
>September 28, 2006 8:00 AM Sortation Center Departure LOS ANGELES, CA
Same here except departure at 5:11 AM. Different destinations, I suppose.
Plus the dock is now at the Sortation Center. Delivery sceduled for 10/5 and 10/6.

Is "Sortation" a real word? <g>
Old 09-29-2006, 10:18 AM   #101
Slava
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCDMan
Is "Sortation" a real word? <g>
I had the very same question, checked the dictionary and didn't find it. Kudos to Fedex for coming up with "smartpost" and "sortation" centers.

Well, found it in American Heritage dictionary.

Some details on FESP:
Quote:
FedEx SmartPost takes your package as close as possible to your customer before giving it to USPS for residential delivery. By skipping intermediate postal processing centers, we reduce transit time, minimize handling, and maximize postal discounts. Throughout the delivery process, we utilize our technology to provide shipment visibility of your packages while they are en route to their destinations.

Last edited by Slava; 09-29-2006 at 10:33 AM.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:42 AM   #102
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosst Amojan
Damnit they lied to me! Both the Sony Store's around here told me they would be getting the Reader in next week but I just called them and they told me "later on in the month" Bastards, I could have ordered it online.
I doubt they lied to you. I'm pretty sure Sony's logistics chain reallocated the units being sent to Sony stores to fulfill orders already taken on the web store.

My Unit was to have been shipped yesterday but is now being shipped today. My guess would be that since I was willing to pay for overnight they shuffled me and I'm now getting one of the reallocated store units.

Why ship a unit to a brick n' mortar store when you have some crazy fool willing to spend $112 to have it shipped overnight?
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 11:31 AM   #103
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
hehe ... typical sony .. they hate their customers ... that started with Betamax instead of VHS, it continued with this proprietary MD system and now continues with the newest ebook reader ...

don´t understand why the people didn´t learn from this behaviour.

get an iLiad - means less pain :=) ...

Last edited by joblack; 09-29-2006 at 11:37 AM.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 12:05 PM   #104
Kosst Amojan
Addict
Kosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to beholdKosst Amojan is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack
get an iLiad - means less pain :=) ...
I would but an empty wallet hurts even more.
Kosst Amojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 12:11 PM   #105
CCDMan

Quote:
By skipping intermediate postal processing centers, we reduce transit time, minimize handling, and maximize postal discounts.
So that is why it takes over a week when simple express mail would only take 2-3 days? I think the "maximize postal discounts" is the part that motivates them.....