Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 01-16-2010, 07:18 AM   #16
Larrie
Enthusiast
Larrie began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 600, PB 360, Ectaco JB, Kindle DX, PRS 950, M90
Assuming you have the later firmwares installed, eg 1.6 from the iriver international website, when you are reading a pdf, when you press the zoom, a corner appears at the upper left hand, you drag it left or right and press enter and another corner appears at bottom right hand for you to crop the edges, then you press enter again and it crops off unwanted edges. Better option to press options button when you are reading a pdf, and select reflow on, and enter, and then press the zoom buttom to give you the various zoom options. In summary, 2 zoom options: 1 = crop, 2 = reflow and magnify
Larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:10 PM   #17
Jazzgooner
Jazzgooner began at the beginning.

Device: iriver story
Many thanks Larry,

I had the 1.5 firmware so just downloaded the latest.
The reflow + zoom works fine.
Jazzgooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2010, 04:14 PM   #18
Critterius
Critterius began at the beginning.

Device: iRiver Story
Hi,

I've just got a brand new iRiver. First thing i did was update the firmware (currently 1.61).

I'm a newbie to the eReaders. When I'm reading a epub, the iRiver shows a default font with 3 levels of zoom. The thing is that, I am not very comfortable with the first nor the second level (I would need something in between), so I was wondering if there is a way to reformat the epub and get new sizes for each zoom level. I have tried with Calibre, changing the base font size, but no way.

Also, I have noticed that one epub that I have has a different font type. How can I change the display font? Do you recommend me any other software than Calibre?

Thx.
Critterius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:20 AM   #19
1707kris
1707kris began at the beginning.

Device: iriver story
Hi I hae just purchased a iriver story book but can't find any instructions only on this site
i'm trying to make the font larger also hae gone into settings and all it comes up is default so can someone please nelp me not to good with computers looking forward to your help
1707kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 02:51 AM   #20
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1707kris View Post
Hi I hae just purchased a iriver story book but can't find any instructions only on this site
i'm trying to make the font larger also hae gone into settings and all it comes up is default so can someone please nelp me not to good with computers looking forward to your help
Open any non-pdf book, click on the key that has a little magnifying glass on it. The key is on the top row, next to the 'search' key. You're given 3 - 4 font sizes to choose from. You can't set the font size globally though. Font size would have to be set for each book.

For PDF books, you can change font size after you select the 'reflow' option.
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
confused, font, iriver, size, story