Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 02-17-2011, 03:38 AM   #946
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddyrose View Post
I know how to remove DRM for PDF and Epub but now I am getting books in PDF as ACSM files and the DRM removal for PDF doesn't work on them. The only reason I like to remove DRM is so that I can convert to epub which is much easier to read on my reader. Does anyone have any ideas?
An ACSM file must be opened with Adobe Digital Edition, it's only a link to download the actual file. After you have opened it you will have a PDF file that you can clean up. However don't put too much hope on converting a pdf file to ePub. Many PDFs are formatted in such a way that conversion is a pain.

Last edited by FlorenceArt; 02-20-2011 at 04:33 AM. Reason: typo!
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:55 AM   #947
speedlever
Fanatic
speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PW2014, PW2012, iPad Pro
ACSM files are not books. That's what ADE uses to d/l the actual book.

Oops. I see FA beat me to it.

Look for the book where ever ADE stores them on your computer. I always move the d/l file to where *I* want it to go, not where ADE stores it.

Last edited by speedlever; 02-17-2011 at 08:57 AM.
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2011, 05:07 PM   #948
Teddyrose
Teddyrose began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedlever View Post
ACSM files are not books. That's what ADE uses to d/l the actual book.

Oops. I see FA beat me to it.

Look for the book where ever ADE stores them on your computer. I always move the d/l file to where *I* want it to go, not where ADE stores it.
Thanks to both you and FlorenceArt I got it figured out. Thanks so much for your help!
Teddyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:01 AM   #949
Bifford
Bifford began at the beginning.

Device: none
I heard there was a version of ineptkey.pyw that works with OpenSSL as well as PyCrypto. Since I can't get PyCrypto to work, where can I find this new version of ineptkey?
Bifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 04:07 AM   #950
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Have you used the 32-bit version of PyCrypto?
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2011, 05:16 AM   #951
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bifford View Post
I heard there was a version of ineptkey.pyw that works with OpenSSL as well as PyCrypto. Since I can't get PyCrypto to work, where can I find this new version of ineptkey?

Welcome to Mobileread ... the only advice I can give you is to use google and source the version that way ... alternatively you may find some useful help in "clareyssong" and search that blog for drm .... very useful info ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:01 AM   #952
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
The tools (3.6) that come from Alf's Blog can use OpenSSL if it's installed. Mac and Linux come with OpenSSL right out of the box. Windows users can install the Full version of OpenSSL, but beware that many programs (such as Intel wireless helper programs) install partial pieces of OpenSSL that can interfere.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:56 AM   #953
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Welcome to Mobileread ... the only advice I can give you is to use google and source the version that way ... alternatively you may find some useful help in "clareyssong" and search that blog for drm .... very useful info ....
Hi,

Actually, that site has links to official Python (not ActiveState's Active Python for Windows) to OLD ApprenticeAlf tools.zip and it talks about installing Python even though the screen shots are taken from a Mac (which already has Python installed!) and then in the comments talks about PyCrypto which with the later versions in newer tools is not needed at all anymore if you have the full OpenSSL.

So although the screen shots are nice, the data provided is stale and incorrect in some places.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 12:10 AM   #954
Teddyrose
Teddyrose began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
XML Document

Is it possible to remove DRM from an XML document? It is labeled as "Manifest"

Thanks for any suggestions you have.
Teddyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 05:41 AM   #955
speedlever
Fanatic
speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PW2014, PW2012, iPad Pro
Note: tools 3.7 is up at the usual place.
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:12 PM   #956
buddybiz
buddybiz began at the beginning.

key out of order?

Hi! Tried to remove drm from 2 ebooks with current inept version (ade 1.7.2) and when i opened the decrypted ebooks only the index is readable but white pages without any content. They changed again something und the current scripts don't work anymore? People here with same problem?
buddybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:31 PM   #957
TonyTerra
TonyTerra began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500,Sony PRS505 & Viewsonic VEB612,Apple 64GB ipad,Sony PRS950
With reference to Gideon's post I've had no trouble converting LRFs to epub using Calibre, this has to be the best conversion application for ebooks ever.
TonyTerra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:50 PM   #958
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddybiz View Post
Hi! Tried to remove drm from 2 ebooks with current inept version (ade 1.7.2) and when i opened the decrypted ebooks only the index is readable but white pages without any content. They changed again something und the current scripts don't work anymore? People here with same problem?
DRM circumvention can't be discussed here. I suggest you try at Apprentice Alf's blog.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:28 AM   #959
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
buddybiz

Welcome to Mobileread .... as pdurrant advised ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 09:51 PM   #960
Foxxy
Foxxy began at the beginning.

I need a bit of help here - trying to run the EPub DRM removal program of the Cabbage lover - and have run into a snag.
Hopefully it's a simple one - here are the details:
I noticed someone else had this same problem also, but he was never answered as to what was causing it.
Running the ineptkey script works just fine, it's the ineptpub script that is giving me problems....
I ran the ineptpub script in the command window to try and find out what was happening, and here is where it just stops:
AttributeError: function 'd2i_RSAPrivateKey' not found
So, I guess I need to know where this script is looking for this key????
I put the epub book file in the same folder as the script, yet - no joy.....
I have downloaded the script a few times - so It's just as it's posted on pastie......
Running windows XP Pro - current with Python26 and the PycCrypto 2.0.1
I had first tried Python 2.7 with PyCrypto 2.3 - but got the exact same results....
I am not software orientated - been in the hardware end all my live and never could get the hang of software.......
Hoping someone can steer me in the right direction......
Thanks.....
Foxxy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adept, adobe epub drm, ainept, drm, drm removal, drm-free epub, inept