Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-30-2008, 05:14 PM   #1
Kokomo Lee
Keeps on Ticking...
Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindles, iStuff, Nexus and a partridge
Question E-Book Reader on Eureka TV Show

Last night on the season premiere of Eureka (Sci Fi channel), the character Zoey was given a list of foods to acquire from the cafe's pantry. The electronic list she was given looked similar to the Netronix STAReBook, but appeared to be brightly backlit. The casing was red, and the device was very thin.

Any thoughts about what we were looking at?

Sherri
Kokomo Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 07:14 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I saw that. I watched the show yesterday on the SciFi channel's website. Maybe I can grab a screen capture.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2008, 11:44 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I can't tell what it is. The episode is called "Bad to the Drone" and the reader is seen about 13 mins 11 secs in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zoe1.JPG
Views:	434
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	14872   Click image for larger version

Name:	zoe2.JPG
Views:	480
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	14873   Click image for larger version

Name:	zoe2a.JPG
Views:	487
Size:	28.3 KB
ID:	14874  
Old 08-02-2008, 09:07 AM   #4
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
I'm going with "a prop in a pretty cool SF series".
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 09:18 AM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I just bought this episode from Amazon Unbox. After I download it I will take a few screen shots.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2008, 09:59 AM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
I'm going with "a prop in a pretty cool SF series".
A prop yes, but a "practical" prop (a working prop).
Old 08-02-2008, 10:13 AM   #7
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Would there be a clue in the credits?
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 10:25 AM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Would there be a clue in the credits?
No, I just checked. I also was unable to view it full screen. Maybe Nate will have better luck with the Unbox version.
Old 08-02-2008, 01:18 PM   #9
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I'm watching it now, and the screen geometry doesn't fit any device I know of. The same prop is visible at a couple other points in this episode.

Drat. I was hoping they were using a real device. Did you know that for 5 plus seasons on Stargate SG1 they used the Tapwave Zodiac as a prop?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 01:40 PM   #10
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I'm watching it now, and the screen geometry doesn't fit any device I know of. The same prop is visible at a couple other points in this episode.

Drat. I was hoping they were using a real device. Did you know that for 5 plus seasons on Stargate SG1 they used the Tapwave Zodiac as a prop?
I think I've found the name of the Prop Master for the show. I'll try to make contact but it may take a while. I don't have an email address (yet) and I think they shoot in Canada.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:33 PM   #11
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
A prop yes, but a "practical" prop (a working prop).
Um, all I saw was a screen that emitted light. Lights are fairly cheap, so are old screens.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:48 PM   #12
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Um, all I saw was a screen that emitted light. Lights are fairly cheap, so are old screens.
I can see some text on the screen.

Edit: My "guess" is that is some kind of ebook reader (maybe purchased from eBay) that was modified to look a little different, just as the Segways at the beginning of the show were modified to look different. If I can reach the Prop Master, we'll know for sure.

Last edited by daffy4u; 08-02-2008 at 03:00 PM.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:00 PM   #13
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover

Well, just for kicks, my $$$ is on a generic tablet PC, like the Motion LE1700
http://www.motioncomputing.com/produ...et_pc_le17.asp

Old 08-03-2008, 11:00 AM   #14
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
It could just be a gussied up digital photo frame.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 01:57 PM   #15
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Quote:
Well, just for kicks, my $$$ is on a generic tablet PC, like the Motion LE1700
http://www.motioncomputing.com/produ...et_pc_le17.asp

I want one .
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!