Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-06-2011, 11:04 AM   #76
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Yep, that's what mine was before upgrading the shipping.

I hope you do get it sooner!
(and since I"m originally an Oklahoma Sooner then it shall be!).
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:06 AM   #77
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Just lowered my grand total to $67.46. Hoping to get it to $50 before they send it off.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2011, 03:25 PM   #78
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Just lowered my grand total to $67.46. Hoping to get it to $50 before they send it off.
Swagbucks?
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:48 PM   #79
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hn333 View Post
Swagbucks?
Nah, surveys.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:29 PM   #80
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
I broke down and 1-day'd it, too.
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2011, 05:29 PM   #81
gweminence
Fat Guy
gweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notesgweminence can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Nah, surveys.
How do you do that?
gweminence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:02 PM   #82
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
I broke down and 1-day'd it, too.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:02 PM   #83
Jessica Lares
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gweminence View Post
How do you do that?
A bunch of different sites. Cash out for Amazon gift cards. I haven't been doing them for awhile though, otherwise my Fire would have been totally paid for by now.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:01 PM   #84
Kycoo
Kycoo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen and HD 8.9), Kindle Touch
Is the Kindle Fire prime eligible? I tried taking the free Prime one month trial to get speedier delivery, but for some reason I couldn't change my delivery date without being charged for the two day shipping.
Kycoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:15 PM   #85
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kycoo View Post
Is the Kindle Fire prime eligible? I tried taking the free Prime one month trial to get speedier delivery, but for some reason I couldn't change my delivery date without being charged for the two day shipping.
A one-month Prime membership/trial comes with the Fire, so it may be they are incompatible...
Old 11-07-2011, 04:15 PM   #86
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Worked for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kycoo View Post
I did exactly that one week ago and I was able to get my delivery date set at 11/17 without any extra charges. I was also able to borrow a library eBook from Amazon last week. See if you can do that as well. I can also access my free Amazon Prime movies. However, they do not match Netflix in features so I probably won't use that part of the Prime service.

Call Amazon Customer Service and they can probably get you the early delivery date manually without a charge.

The only problem with my Prime membership is that my highlights for the borrowed book do NOT show up in the online site where all my other highlights and notes can be reviewed.

Its possible that Amazon is placing the product in boxes now and its too late for changes.

In the past almost everything I have ordered from Amazon has been delivered PRIOR to the stated delivery date. Its possible that most of us will receive delivery this coming Monday. It appears Amazon always tries to compensate for lateness occasionally caused by the delivery services and always ships earlier than one would expect.

Last edited by sirmaru; 11-07-2011 at 04:21 PM.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:06 PM   #87
Kycoo

Thanks guys.

I still couldn't change the delivery date. I received an email from Amazon customer service telling me that I cannot do what I want to do at this point because the free trial will start once I get my fire. Oh well, just wait and see I guess.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:06 AM   #88
anijh
Connoisseur
anijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it is

Device: Nook 1e, Kindle Fire, and multiple iDevices
Quote:
Originally Posted by hn333 View Post
Swagbucks?
I'm using Swagbucks (and surveys) to pay for my Kindle Fire. At this point, it'll cost me $90 of my own money but I'm still collecting so we'll see.

Update: I placed an order last night. I'll see it on the 17th like most of you.

Last edited by anijh; 11-09-2011 at 06:01 AM.
anijh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:03 PM   #89
Kycoo

I was able to get the Fire on 2-day delivery using the Amazon Prime one month trial. The trick is to click the one-month trial, and then purchase a prime eligible item other than the Fire (like a CD you always wanted!). If you do so, the Fire will become Prime Eligible next time you order

So I am now looking at a Nov. 17 delivery date
Old 11-09-2011, 01:40 PM   #90
techiegirl
Groupie
techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.techiegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 6+
I already have prime and I just ordered today with next day delivery. It says my scheduled delivery date is 11/16. Would I be able to extend my current Prime with the 1 month free that the Kindle Fire is including?
techiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote