Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-01-2010, 07:16 PM   #1
ckole
Edge User

My Wish List

1. RSS Reader that can push content to the e-ink screen.

2. Better power management with a sleep/hibernate button with quick power on.

3. Push web pages to the e-ink screen but not a browser on the screen.

Old 04-02-2010, 10:30 AM   #2
kenjennings
Edge User

Bluetooth Keyboard.

Last edited by kenjennings; 04-06-2010 at 10:07 AM.

Advert
Old 04-02-2010, 10:33 AM   #3
D4N14L
Edge User

I second EVERY one of those. Especially the RSS Reader and the better power managment.

Old 04-02-2010, 01:39 PM   #4
thefuture04
Edge User

I Third the RSS reader. Much easier to read my blogs on the e-ink than on the LCD

Old 04-02-2010, 02:50 PM   #5
devseev
Edge User

Tops on my feature wishlist are:

E-reader in landscape This will allow a laptop-style orientiation, typing/browsing on the bottom portion and having a document open in landscape mode the e-reader screen. It will also facilitate magnification of PDFs and facilitate reading some wider content.

Support for cell phone tethering via USB or bluetooth Since the eDGe has USB (and eventually Bluetooth) but lacks 3G and many of us have tethering-capable phones (iPhone, Nexus One, etc) this would seem like a great way to allow the eDGe to benefit from a 3G internet connection when WIFI is not available.

MsExchange email support: Essential for me as a business user. Sync with Exchange calendar, contacts, and tasks would go a long way to make this a business-friendly device as well.

Advert
Old 04-02-2010, 05:03 PM   #6
thefuture04
Edge User

Maybe a better e-mail program in general. I try sending myself .pdfs through e-mail to save on the eDGe but the mail program doesn't even show up the e-mail at all if there is an attached file.

Old 04-02-2010, 05:27 PM   #7
dcubed2
Edge User

I second the eReader in landscape, it would be very useful to me. Of, course, the other thing I'd like is an eDGe app store. I think one is in the works, and now that Google isn't opening up Android Marketplace, I would need it even more.

Old 04-03-2010, 08:07 AM   #8
brauckmiller
Edge User

Tops on my feature wishlist are:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devseev View Post
E-reader in landscape This will allow a laptop-style orientiation, typing/browsing on the bottom portion and having a document open in landscape mode the e-reader screen. It will also facilitate magnification of PDFs and facilitate reading some wider content.
I agree 100% here. Landscape on the E-Ink side would really allow for more zooming features.

Quote:
Support for cell phone tethering via USB or bluetooth Since the eDGe has USB (and eventually Bluetooth) but lacks 3G and many of us have tethering-capable phones (iPhone, Nexus One, etc) this would seem like a great way to allow the eDGe to benefit from a 3G internet connection when WIFI is not available.
Has anyone tried associating to a MyFi device for 3G browsing via WiFi? Better question, does the currently shipping model have a 3G radio? I see a sim slot. If it doesn't have a radio then why include the sim slot?

Quote:
MsExchange email support: Essential for me as a business user. Sync with Exchange calendar, contacts, and tasks would go a long way to make this a business-friendly device as well.
Have you looked at TouchDown. There is another post in the Apps forum that talks about it. I have it installed and it is full screen.

Good wishlist

Thanks

Craig Brauckmiller

Old 04-03-2010, 12:49 PM   #9
thefuture04
Edge User

Oh it shows the email and I can click it, but it never loads the attachment

Old 04-03-2010, 02:39 PM   #10
thefuture04
Edge User

They did say in future models that 3g will be included

Old 04-04-2010, 11:17 PM   #11
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Access to the SD card from USB and others

Definitely need access to the USB card from the USB
Need to be able to choose which folder to move files from the library into on the SD card
The Eink side in landscape mode

Old 04-05-2010, 12:09 AM   #12
kenjennings
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyennedonna View Post
Definitely need access to the USB card from the USB
Need to be able to choose which folder to move files from the library into on the SD card
The Eink side in landscape mode
Ditto. The edge should do one of two things with the USB interface:

1- present both internal storage and SDHC card as separate disks

2- allow a configuration choice for which storage device (internal or sdhc) will be shown to the USB interface.

I have a 32GB SDHC card. I will rarely want to store files, media, or books in internal storage. The only things that should be stored internally are apps.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:37 AM   #13
dcubed2
Edge User

And, with the eInk landscape, how about an option for a full screen keyboard? Not default, just an option. It would make touch-typing easier with fingers.

Old 04-05-2010, 07:05 PM   #14
rakista
Edge User

I would like a longer pen

Old 04-05-2010, 10:40 PM   #15
ckole
Edge User

Now that I have used the device for a few days:
Landscape e-ink (previously mentioned)
BT Keyboard would be nice
Better LCD Screen. I would like something like the iphone/ipad yes you would lose the ability to use a stylus on that side but the screens are so much more responsive (Yes I am willing to pay more)
Better power management (Windows like true hibernation)
Turn of Scroll Wheel LED (Drives me nuts!)
Smooth Case with better grip Metal case option
Smaller bezel with larger screens or smaller device
Faster processor - Generally works good until you browse the image gallery and a few other more intensive apps
Marketplace (I know they are working on this)
Additional UI enhancements and latest version of Android

Stuff still to try and comment on:
USB Flash drive
External Keyboard