Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-26-2009, 09:03 AM   #1
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Calibre 0.6.30 in RSS/Changelog, but not available yet?

I've been hoping to try the firstname, lastname swap feature of 6.30, so I was thrilled to see it in the new release, but so far, when I try to download it's still giving me 6.29. Jut thought you'd want to know. If You're in the middle of fixing these links, ignore this.

Thanks!
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 10:06 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
yeah I discovered a last minute bug, so it's going to be a little longer before the release.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:12 PM   #3
elmoglick
Groupie
elmoglick doesn't litterelmoglick doesn't litterelmoglick doesn't litter

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
yeah I discovered a last minute bug, so it's going to be a little longer before the release.
Looks like 0.6.30 breaks a lot of recipes. I reverted back to .29 and they all work properly. (eg. Gizmodo)
elmoglick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 06:39 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmoglick View Post
Looks like 0.6.30 breaks a lot of recipes. I reverted back to .29 and they all work properly. (eg. Gizmodo)
Interesting, how exactly are they broken?
Old 12-26-2009, 08:45 PM   #5
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
I just checked this out. The title is wrong and there's no author for the news. The author ("calibre") is in the title. The content of 4 out of 5 is OK. Engadget is empty.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:54 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

That's because you have checked read metadata only from file names.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:17 PM   #7
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
You're right, I was in the middle of adding some files when I checked this. They seem to be working for me, other than Engadget.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:09 PM   #8
elmoglick
Groupie

Quote:
Nope, it's always been unchecked, unless that's was made the default for .30
Old 12-26-2009, 11:12 PM   #9
elmoglick
Groupie

Quote:
No article text in the item; just some odd header info. Once I switched back to .29, Gizmodo was back to 6.2 MB of articles.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:53 AM   #10
ichthyosaur
ichthyosaur began at the beginning.

Device: none
I found the same problem. Only headers and links, no articles. I have to be back .29.

Last edited by ichthyosaur; 12-27-2009 at 09:58 AM.
ichthyosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:26 AM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

OK I'll look into it.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:57 PM   #12
nickredding
onlinenewsreader.net
nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'nickredding knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, IPad3, iPhone4, Playbook, HTC Inspire
There's definately a problem with news feeds in 0.6.30. My recipe for the National Post gets "Sorry, this url does not contain a valid document id. Please check your url or click Back and try again" for almost every article, whereas 0.6.29 works perfectly. This message is coming from the news server and indicates the article urls are getting mangled.
nickredding is offline   Reply With Quote