Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 11-16-2008, 04:26 PM   #1
JohnCD
JohnCD began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
Adding fonts

I don't understand adding fonts. I have put several TTF files in a directory called "fonts" on the SD card, but when, while reading a book, I select #7 "Font face" there are only the three usual options - arial, times, IBOOKN. Under the "settings" menu there is a "Replace font" setting, which does show the new fonts and allows me to put a check mark against one font; but that doesn't seem to have any effect except on the font used in the menus. How do I change the font in which the book is displayed?

Regards, JohnCD
JohnCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 04:57 PM   #2
javimm
Connoisseur
javimm began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Which kind of files are you trying to change the font of?

Font changing doesn't work on all kind of files. It doesn't work on PDF, or Mobipocket (at least by now, you only can change to 3 fonts, not your own), but it works on fb2 books.
javimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 05:23 PM   #3
torbich
Zealot
torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.torbich has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PocketBook 602, LBook V3
Looks like MobiPocket file. There is no way (now) to add user fonts. Maybe in some future firmware from BeBook it will be possible.
torbich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 05:32 PM   #4
JohnCD
JohnCD began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
Thanks, that was it, I was trying to change fonts on a Mobipocket book. I shall have to look into fb2...

Regards, JohnCD
JohnCD is offline   Reply With Quote