Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-17-2009, 06:21 PM   #1
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
Happy Dance Happy Dance (First book upload)

I have uploaded my first book. It was a free one from Gutenburg, but I altered it for the 5- and 6-inch liseusse (plural of liseuse?)

Naturally, it deals on the subject of pirates!!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56837

It's a first-hand account of events that took place in the West Indies and Jamaica and Tortuga aboard Captain Morgan's ship. It's a very interesting read, and goes into great detail about exactly what life was like on a pirate ship.

Now, at last I feel like I am giving back to a great community!! :tears of joy:
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:25 PM   #2
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Congratulations GW - nice job.

But where are the .epub and/or the .lrf versions for us Sony people?
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2009, 06:30 PM   #3
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hehe. Give me time :P

I have a D&D game I have to run tonite, and I have Calibre on my desktop, but it's currently transcoding a DVD for my brother-in-law. Once that is done, I can convert it, but right now, my hands are tied.

And my laptop is in no shape for anything more strenuous than surfing the net. I think the proc is burnt out, or on the verge. My fingers are blistering just typing
Old 09-17-2009, 06:32 PM   #4
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Sorry - didn't mean to pressure you!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:15 PM   #5
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
Very nice! congratulations on that one!!

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2009, 09:43 PM   #6
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

I uploaded 3 more formats. LRF . EPUB . LIT

I tried FB2, but there's no option for that in the attachment window, and it will not upload. If you can let me know what I am doing wrong, I'll fix it them upload it.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:42 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by griffonwing View Post
I have uploaded my first book. It was a free one from Gutenburg, but I altered it for the 5- and 6-inch liseusse (plural of liseuse?)

Naturally, it deals on the subject of pirates!!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56837

It's a first-hand account of events that took place in the West Indies and Jamaica and Tortuga aboard Captain Morgan's ship. It's a very interesting read, and goes into great detail about exactly what life was like on a pirate ship.

Now, at last I feel like I am giving back to a great community!! :tears of joy:
Congrats! But, you'll need to create a seperate thread in the appropriate sections for each different format. That's how eBook uploads work here. And if you post in the other section then you'll also have to list what format it is. But, all the PDF for example can be kept in one message. So you'll have to split it into 5 new threads in the appropriate format eBook sections.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:14 PM   #8
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

Thanks Wolf.

ePub, Mobi, LRF are in their respective forums.

The MISC has DOC and PDF, and I suppose I can add LIT there as well.

What about FB2? Why can I not upload that format?
Old 09-17-2009, 11:28 PM   #9
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Bravo!!! I'm proud of you! Thanks for the upload, I'll give the book a try!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:04 AM   #10
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF

Good Job, griffonwing!
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:13 AM   #11
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

Thanks everyone!

IMHO, the PDF is the best, as it was tailored specifically for the 5". The other formats are not up to snuff, and I don't know much about Calibre to do the adjustments necessary.

Sincere apologies to anyone who prefer the other. Also, I have no way to check on how the LRF format looks.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:33 PM   #12
derrell
Jack O' Apes
derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Nokia N810, EZ-Reader, HTC Droid Incredible, Archos 70
Zip the fb2 file. OI will show the metadata even if it is zipped and regular ez-reader bookshelf will treat it like another directory with the fb2 file inside it. FB2 is one of my favorite formats but it can be a pain to convert something like a purchased mobi file to fb2. Its fairly easy to convert something from Gutenberg to fb2 though. GutenMark then a quick vim macro and a quicker perl script and bam! fb2 with a full table of contents.

Oh and congrats on finally getting your blue PEZ.

Last edited by derrell; 09-18-2009 at 06:37 PM. Reason: congrats
derrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:42 PM   #13
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?

To be honest, I have not had time to go through Calibre and mess with all the changes and options.

The Word Doc and PDF are here for anyone who would want to convert it to another format. I only used default settings, and my ePub looked like crap. I'll have to work on it when time permits.

Thanks for the note, as well as how to upload it. No time right now, but perhaps soon.