Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-06-2012, 11:03 AM   #31
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by artifact View Post
This thread: Firmware 2.1.4 with 10+ pages of replies and comments vs. MDK's official annoucement which is only 2 pages currently.

Mentioned in that thread are:
Only 7 fonts and apparently no longer a way to add custom ones -- one of the missing is Delima, yep.
You most certainly CAN add custom fonts.

Quote:
Shortlist hearts are gone and you can't add to a shelf from the Books listing.
Hearts are gone, but you can add a shelf from books listing.

Quote:
The wishlist at the bottom of the screen with no way to disable it.
The wishlist at the bottom of the page is a bar that says "You have X books in your Wishlist". That's it.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:07 AM   #32
MDK
Kobo Developer
MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.MDK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura, Glo, Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpelgrom View Post
Can I report wrong translations here?
In the Dutch translation it says 'Op updates controlere' when checking for updates. However, the correct translation should be 'Op updates controleren'. It's like saying 'Checki for updates' instead of 'Checking for updates'
Thanks for pointing this out.
MDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2012, 12:57 PM   #33
Jaden
Evangelist
Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Yes, but it takes more taps.

And I miss the hearts. When browsing through my library, the hearts were my indicator wether the book was new and "to be read" or not.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #34
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Yes, but it takes more taps.

And I miss the hearts. When browsing through my library, the hearts were my indicator wether the book was new and "to be read" or not.
I'm with you there. I was just pointing out erroneous info in the previous post.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:55 PM   #35
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
Quote:
I said 'to a shelf in the Books listing', not 'add a shelf'. (though I also don't see how to add a shelf in the Books listing.)

I'm in 'Books' currently sorted by Recent Reads. I click on the slashes and there is Read Now, View Details, Mark as Finished, Delete. Ok.. not there. Click on View Details... I don't see anything there either, just Read now.

If I go to Shelves I can add Shelves and books there, but that isn't where I want to add it from which is why I mentioned the Books shelf specifically. If I'm wrong, please correct/teach me . You used to be able to do something like 'add to shelf' within the Books listing or click the heart.

Quote:
You most certainly CAN add custom fonts.
How? According to the other thread adding a Fonts folder doesn't work and there is no Fonts folder on my device nor can I find any fonts. Was it just that the tested fonts were the wrong type? Again, feel free to teach me how to make this work if I missed it. I want my Delima back.

Quote:
The wishlist at the bottom of the page is a bar that says "You have X books in your Wishlist". That's it.
When I purchased the Touch I specificially bought a device that was NOT connected to a store like the Kindle and Nook. If I had known they were going to add Discover, Wishlist, Find Books, Recommendations, having to stay signed-in to a store I don't use, etc., I would have gone with a different product so its a big deal for me and might be a big deal to others in their to upgrade or not decision process.

Last edited by artifact; 10-06-2012 at 04:58 PM.
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2012, 05:15 PM   #36
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
The Kobo manual explains how to add fonts. It is very easy. You add a folder called fonts in your root directory and then copy the fonts you want into that folder. You will want to chose fonts that have four variants so you get the normal font, bold, bold italics and normal italics.

These is a video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU7JpaKlyMc I have not watched it. The link to all the Kobo user guides can be found at: http://www.kobo.com/userguides

I'm not a huge fan of using the store, so I just don't click on the buttons that take me there.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #37
robko
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
The Kobo manual explains how to add fonts. It is very easy. You add a folder called fonts in your root directory and then copy the fonts you want into that folder. You will want to chose fonts that have four variants so you get the normal font, bold, bold italics and normal italics.

These is a video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU7JpaKlyMc I have not watched it. The link to all the Kobo user guides can be found at: http://www.kobo.com/userguides

I'm not a huge fan of using the store, so I just don't click on the buttons that take me there.
Further to what Taming said, the key thing with adding fonts is that you have to be very careful with naming -- the directory name is case sensitive and to get bold/italics etc to work they need to be named properly. Do a search on add fonts and there are a number of threads with detailed directions. I know it works because I double checked and my sideloaded Roboto font is still working on my KT and works on my KG.
You will have to find a Delima font to add.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #38
robko
Wizard

Quote:
I said 'to a shelf in the Books listing', not 'add a shelf'. (though I also don't see how to add a shelf in the Books listing.)
Are you on the 2.1.4? In that firmware you can add a book to shelf via the menu beside the individual books. Pretty sure I checked this on my KT, but for sure on KG (not next to the KT currently)
Old 10-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #39
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Kobo's George Taluson gave this explanation of font names:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=46

For example. Gentium Basic files are named like this:

GenBasB.ttf
GenBasBI.ttf
GenBasI.ttf
GenBasR.ttf
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 06:46 PM   #40
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
I want my Delima back.
As for getting the Delima files cf. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=152.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #41
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
When I upgraded from 2.0.0c to 2.0.4 (the first time, as it took two times to actually load the 2.0.4 firmware), a file was left behind by the update, Welcome_Guide_JA.kepub.epub, which is a Japanese welcome guide to a 2.0 (or earlier) version.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:39 AM   #42
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
Quote:
Are you on the 2.1.4? In that firmware you can add a book to shelf via the menu beside the individual books. Pretty sure I checked this on my KT, but for sure on KG (not next to the KT currently)
I am on 2.1.4 (rd43710, 10/1/12) and do NOT have that functionality in my KT. Either its a Glo thing or not all versions of 2.1.4 are the same.

I'll double check the fonts. Sounds like its working for everyone so the info I read in the other thread was misleading or was cleared up after I read the thread. The other poster could have made a Fonts and not fonts folder.

Thanks for clearing things up .

I still can't sign-out without having to re-run setup settings so that original bug remains.
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:54 AM   #43
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
Quote:
I am on 2.1.4 (rd43710, 10/1/12) and do NOT have that functionality in my KT. Either its a Glo thing or not all versions of 2.1.4 are the same.
Do you have any shelves on your KT yet? When my daughters first got their Minis, I checked and the "add to shelf" option wasn't there in library view. However, when I checked again later that night, the option was now there. Imagine my confusion. I read a post by someone else on these forums, though, who said they didn't have the "add to shelf" option either until they'd created a shelf manually.

FWIW, I have 2.1.4 on my KT and the "add to shelf" function is there from the library view and from within a book itself.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:05 AM   #44
Joe563
Never spit into the wind.
Joe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenJoe563 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch, Kobo Android(smartphone & tablet)
Quote:

I'll double check the fonts. Sounds like its working for everyone so the info I read in the other thread was misleading or was cleared up after I read the thread. The other poster could have made a Fonts and not fonts folder.

Thanks for clearing things up .

I still can't sign-out without having to re-run setup settings so that original bug remains.
I have a Touch with the firmware version 2.1.4 (r43710, 10/1/12) not 2.1.4 (rd43710, 10/1/12), as you have and on mine I can add a book to a shelf from the Books listing screen. When I select the menu beside a book I am presented with six options: Read Now, View Details, Similar Books, Add to Shelf, Mark as Finished and Delete.

Last edited by Joe563; 10-07-2012 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Clarification
Joe563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 02:14 AM   #45
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDK View Post
That is correct, there are many more improvements. We'll let you discover those.
And one rather major non-improvement. On three Kobo Touch units, after the 2.1.4 update, when reading a sideloaded book from an SD card, if the KT goes to sleep, after waking up, it does not respond to taps and then restarts.

Last edited by DNSB; 10-07-2012 at 02:15 AM. Reason: blasted $%^&*()_+ typos
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote