Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-26-2012, 09:00 PM   #1
ragoofy0603
ragoofy0603 began at the beginning.

Device: NST w/ Glow
Simple Touch Glow will not load from library

Hi All, after searching I did not find anyone else experiencing the problem I am.

My husband purchased a Simple Touch Glow for me today as a gift, and after registering, it will not download anything from my existing library (>200 books), although it downloaded a new purchase with no problems. Chatting with tech support they told me that this is a 'known issue' and will be fixed soon.

Having to resort to my old Nook or the Nook app on my phone to access content I already paid for defeats the purpose of this gift and I'm on the verge of returning this and moving to Kindle.

Has anyone else experienced this with their Simple Touch?

Thanks,
Alison
ragoofy0603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:29 PM   #2
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragoofy0603 View Post
Hi All, after searching I did not find anyone else experiencing the problem I am.

My husband purchased a Simple Touch Glow for me today as a gift, and after registering, it will not download anything from my existing library (>200 books), although it downloaded a new purchase with no problems. Chatting with tech support they told me that this is a 'known issue' and will be fixed soon.

Having to resort to my old Nook or the Nook app on my phone to access content I already paid for defeats the purpose of this gift and I'm on the verge of returning this and moving to Kindle.

Has anyone else experienced this with their Simple Touch?

Thanks,
Alison
The first report was about a week ago. It appears to be only the NST/NSTG that's affected. B&N appears to be working on it.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:32 PM   #3
ragoofy0603
ragoofy0603 began at the beginning.

Device: NST w/ Glow
My husband was able to get around this by loading some of my previously purchased books to the Nook through the Nook PC program. Glad that it worked but still extremely frustrated with B&N.
ragoofy0603 is offline   Reply With Quote