Old 12-15-2006, 06:01 PM   #1
Vienna01
Old Dog Learns New Tricks
Vienna01 doesn't litterVienna01 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-500,PocketBook 301, Sony 650
New Reader Received With Strange Defect

[IMG]Strange Persistent Graphic Reader Turned Off[/IMG]
I hope the photo I attached is here.
I received my second Sony reader today (ordered as gift for friend in Australia). It booted up initially with Start-Up screen OK. It then switched to a menu but this "strange" graphic appeared in lower left at bottom of screen.

Debugged with tech support. Performed both simple and major reset-It was not fixed. It persists OVER all menus, book pages, pictures etc. on the screen. It persists when the reader was off. Tech support said to RMA, which I am doing. I emailed a photo to tech support also.

Am I missing an ebay opportunity..to say it has religious significance? I don't think it looks like anything. It may be a distorted part of start-up screen background?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sony-reader-screen.jpg
Views:	529
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	2450  
Vienna01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:33 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Looks like a busted e-ink panel to me. RMA indeed!

Well, at least they aren't charging you for replacement like iRex did the first couple.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2006, 07:30 PM   #3
tcv
Addict
tcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enough

Aren't you glad we're all not like used-car salesman here? I once brought a used car on the highway and the steering wheel started vibrating rather violently. I asked him about it. His response:

"Oh! They all do that!"

Hmmmmm....
tcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:14 AM   #4
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Is it the light or is the housing bend on the left side near the spot?
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:04 PM   #5
Vienna01
Old Dog Learns New Tricks
Vienna01 doesn't litterVienna01 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-500,PocketBook 301, Sony 650
No the housing was not bent. No physical damage was seen.
Vienna01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2006, 11:55 PM   #6
Nightwing
Addict
Nightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enough

Device: Cowon A2 Dell x3i, Sony Reader & Eee PC!
Deffently bad display.... Trade quickly!
Nightwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 10:20 AM   #7
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Are you religious? It looks like the right side of the Turin shroud!
That's a keeper!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote