Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-09-2010, 08:02 PM   #1
JaneFancher
Zealot
JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle2
ToC going haywire

I don't know what's going on. I don't think I'm doing anything differently than I've done in the past, but suddenly the generated ToC is going nuts.

My procedure is: Toc Generated in WordPerfect. H1, H2 tags added to the html file as per examples. In MobiCreator, I point the ToC to the div ="toc" that I have around my ToC. I also have it generate a ToC using h1 and h2 tags.

Both are exactly as expected in output.

I import the same html file into Calibre, and it doesn't seem to make any difference what I put in the ToC options page, it does the same screwed up ToC, duplicating the level one links and leaving out half of the level two.

These are examples of the html code:

<h1 style="text-align: justify; text-indent: 0.2in"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 18pt"><a name="TOC1_3"></a><span style="font-family: 'Trajan Pro', serif">Section One:</span></span></span></h1>

<h2 style="text-align: justify; text-indent: 0.2in"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 14pt"><a name="TOC2_1"></a>i</span></span></h2>

Does anyone have any suggestions?
JaneFancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 09:14 PM   #2
JaneFancher
Zealot
JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.JaneFancher has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle2
Okay...how do I delete this so my idiocy doesn't show?

RTFM. I don't know why it worked before the way I was doing it, but the help link says very plainly how to write the h1/h2 command

(Hiding head...)
JaneFancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2010, 10:03 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Don't worry about it, calibre is a complex piece of software, everyone mistakes while they get used to using it.

I prefer not deleting posts as then users who have similar problems cangogole and find solutions.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote