Notices

Old 07-30-2012, 07:03 AM   #1
Dasha
Connoisseur
Dasha began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Kindle App Error QtWebKit4.dll was not found

Hi can I get some help please somehow I have interfered with QtWebKit4.dll
I can no longer open the Kindle App it is still in Programs etc but when I click on the Kindle Icon to open it I get this:

Error Unable to Locate Component
This application has failed to start because QtWebKit4.dll was not found
Re- Installing the application may fix this problem

If I Delete and Reinstall the Kindle for PC App will all my Amazon data for my Kindle DX: Reg, PID etc remain? Or will I have to re-register it all? Is there another way to reinstall just the file [I]QtWebKit4.dll Cheers Dasha
Dasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
  1. download the zip file on this page,
  2. unzip it
  3. copy the dll file to C:\Windows\System32
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2012, 01:01 PM   #3
Dasha
Connoisseur

Thank you for your help thomass Dasha
Old 07-30-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
Dasha
Connoisseur

thomass I did as you suggested but let it install itself, it is in the Programs>Kindle for PC folder, but Kindle App still won't open? I tried CMD etc and it just says
regsvr32qtwebkit4.dll is not recognised as an internal or external file

Any suggestions thomass cheers Dasha
Old 07-30-2012, 07:53 PM   #5
Dasha
Connoisseur

thomass I did as you requested the "qtwebkit4.dll" file is in Win32 and in
the Programs>Kindle App" but it still wont open from the Kindle Icon in Kindle for PC in Programs?
I ran CMD and received the following: regsve32qtwebkit4.dll is not recognised as an internal or external command operable Program or Batch file?
any suggestions thomass cheers Dasha
Advert
Old 07-30-2012, 10:25 PM   #6
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasha View Post
it still wont open from the Kindle Icon in Kindle for PC in Programs?
does it give the same error?

does your PC have windows 32 or 64?
Old 07-31-2012, 04:33 AM   #7
Dasha
Connoisseur

Hi thomass, No mate' just the one I explained about it "not being recognised as an internal or external file"

My PC is 32 (X86) win XP3 etc
Old 07-31-2012, 05:00 AM   #8
thomass
Wizard

on the other thread people are complaining about the similar error.

You may download the newest version and install without uninstalling the previous one. I think your personal data should be there w/o a loss.

Do you confirm that
  1. you copied the dll into windows> System32 folder.
  2. then restart PC
  3. try to open the Kindle app
  4. and it gives the error: "not being recognised as an internal or external file"

if this is the case apart from reinstalling the app I can only advise you to this:
  1. Try to find another PC with Kindle App is installed. (or install in a different PC)
  2. copy the dll file windows> system32>QtWebKit4.dll into the same directory of your PC
  3. restart your PC

or try to reinstall the app w/o uninstalling it.

Sorry I have no other idea.

Last edited by thomass; 07-31-2012 at 05:32 AM.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:44 AM   #9
Dasha
Connoisseur

1) Yes !
2) Yes !
3) No this Error was after I tried the CMD solution "Qwebsrv32 etc" and entered the string in Run.
4) When I click on the Kindle Icon in Programs nothing happens it just does not work.
Thanks thomass I will go the new install over the old one. I still have all my Kindle Amazon Details PID etc so it should be OK thanks again for your help I appreciate it Dasha