Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > BBeB/LRF Books (offline)

Notices

Old 01-18-2009, 10:06 PM   #1
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Various Authors: Famous Modern Ghost Stories. v1. 19 Jan 2009

Famous Modern Ghost Stories, Various Authors, edited by Dorothy Scarborough.

Here's what's inside:
Introduction: The Imperishable Ghost
The Willows

By Algernon Blackwood
The Shadows on the Wall
By Mary E. Wilkins Freeman
The Messenger
By Robert W. Chambers
Lazarus
By Leonid Andreyev
The Beast with Five Fingers
By W. F. Harvey
The Mass of Shadows
By Anatole France
What Was It?
By Fitz-James O'Brien
The Middle Toe of the Right Foot
By Ambrose Bierce
The Shell of Sense
By Olivia Howard Dunbar
The Woman at Seven Brothers
By Wilbur Daniel Steele
At the Gate
By Myla Jo Closser
Ligeia
By Edgar Allan Poe
The Haunted Orchard
By Richard Le Gallienne
The Bowmen
By Arthur Machen
A Ghost
By Guy de Maupassant
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:39 AM   #2
rjnagle
Zealot
rjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it isrjnagle knows what time it is

Device: ipad 1, Nook Simple Touch, Kindle 3, ebookwise 1150
thanks and...

Dorothy Scarborough was really big in the 1920s. She was a Texan who taught literature at Columbia. Her most famous book The Wind (1925) had semi-supernatural aspects to it.

I have a public domain story by her that I'll upload sometime.

Unfortunately she was caught up in the copyright extension hassle. Here's a short article I wrote about her.

http://www.teleread.org/2007/01/01/w...gainand-again/

Last edited by rjnagle; 01-21-2009 at 05:44 AM.
rjnagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 02:48 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjnagle View Post
Dorothy Scarborough was really big in the 1920s. She was a Texan who taught literature at Columbia. Her most famous book The Wind (1925) had semi-supernatural aspects to it.

I have a public domain story by her that I'll upload sometime.

Unfortunately she was caught up in the copyright extension hassle. Here's a short article I wrote about her.

http://www.teleread.org/2007/01/01/w...gainand-again/

Awesome article! Now I am dying to read "The Wind!" Kind of reminds me of the Yellow Wallpaper.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote