Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-08-2009, 05:59 AM   #1
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Howard's End Sony freebie

While checking out whether I wanted to download the current Weird Tales Sony freebie I saw that Howard's End by E.M Forster is also available for free at the moment.
Its listed in the Fiction and Literature section.
You can find it at http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/e-m...00000000107585
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:29 AM   #2
xianfox
Ebook Addict
xianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Under Fiction & literature I also saw the following titles for $0:
Prague: A Novel by Arthur Phillips
The Foreign Correspondent: A Novel by Alan Furst
The Whiskey Rebels: A Novel by David Liss
Six Bad Things: A Novel by Charlie Huston
Caught Stealing by Charlie Huston

Under SciFi & Fantasy for $0:
Swashbuckling Fantasy by Holly Black
Full-Blooded Fantasy: 8 Spellbinding Tales In Which Anything Is Possible by Nancy Farmer
Weird Tales #351: September/October 2008 by Kenneth Hite

Mystery & Thrillers:
A Dangerous Man: A Novel by Charlie Huston
The Murder List by Julie Garwood
Knife Music by David Carnoy

Children:
Private by Kate Brian
xianfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:39 AM   #3
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
It's also available on Feedbooks: http://www.feedbooks.com/book/2071
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:07 AM   #4
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
It's also available in two versions here on MobileRead.

This is my version:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35919

Sony's version, also free - as are all titles here on MobileRead - contains spaces between paragraphs, which personally drives me batty.

All my newer titles have em dashes, by the way, and are single-spaced.

don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:17 AM   #5
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

don
I Actually Prefer the Extra Line Break Between Paragraphs, I find it helps my eyes flow better over the paragraph (so i dont loose my place at all really when they are there where a page full of text and no breaks blinking used to make me reread lines) and gives me a sense of acomplishment at the end of every paragraph(and gives me the second or two i need to think about what i read so i retain text better). it also gives me the Reminder that it is a new paragraph and gives my head the mental pause it needs to register that fact.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:42 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
I Actually Prefer the Extra Line Break Between Paragraphs, I find it helps my eyes flow better over the paragraph (so i dont loose my place at all really when they are there where a page full of text and no breaks blinking used to make me reread lines) and gives me a sense of acomplishment at the end of every paragraph(and gives me the second or two i need to think about what i read so i retain text better). it also gives me the Reminder that it is a new paragraph and gives my head the mental pause it needs to register that fact.
That's the correct version for you, then.

You might also try to get as many of the Sony classics priced at $1.99; as many of them (not all), have double spaces. It takes extra work to get rid of those spaces, and Sony seems a little lazy in that regard. Take advantage of their laziness now, before they feel the hit from more competition.

Don
Old 01-08-2009, 01:59 PM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
It's also available in two versions here on MobileRead.

This is my version:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35919

Sony's version, also free - as are all titles here on MobileRead - contains spaces between paragraphs, which personally drives me batty.

don
If something like that can drive you batty then it is probably not a drive but a putt

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:12 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
If something like that can drive you batty then it is probably not a drive but a putt

Dale
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:41 PM   #9
cmbs
non-believer
cmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enoughcmbs will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen 3, JetBook Lite
And at manybooks.net. And probably at any of 100 other sites offering public domain downloads.
cmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:48 PM   #10
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post

Dale
Argghghg!!! - hahahaha

Don
Old 01-08-2009, 09:13 PM   #11
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
We do have some funny characters here on mobileread.
With Pilotbob's "Its Just a BUCK" and Dr Drib's paragraph breaks "drive me batty".
Thanks for the entertainment.
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:06 PM   #12
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_au View Post
With Pilotbob's "Its Just a BUCK" and Dr Drib's paragraph breaks "drive me batty".
Thanks for the entertainment.
Ducks QUACK and penguins BUCK. What can I say.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 06:33 AM   #13
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Ducks QUACK and penguins BUCK. What can I say.

BOb

Viaduct? Why a duck?

(Duck Soup - Marx Brothers)

Don
Old 01-09-2009, 04:27 PM   #14
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Thumbs up EXCELLENT FREEBIES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech_au View Post
While checking out whether I wanted to download the current Weird Tales Sony freebie I saw that Howard's End by E.M Forster is also available for free at the moment.
Its listed in the Fiction and Literature section.
You can find it at http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/e-m...00000000107585
Quote:
Originally Posted by xianfox View Post
Under Fiction & literature I also saw the following titles for $0:
Prague: A Novel by Arthur Phillips
The Foreign Correspondent: A Novel by Alan Furst
The Whiskey Rebels: A Novel by David Liss
Six Bad Things: A Novel by Charlie Huston
Caught Stealing by Charlie Huston

Under SciFi & Fantasy for $0:
Swashbuckling Fantasy by Holly Black
Full-Blooded Fantasy: 8 Spellbinding Tales In Which Anything Is Possible by Nancy Farmer
Weird Tales #351: September/October 2008 by Kenneth Hite

Mystery & Thrillers:
A Dangerous Man: A Novel by Charlie Huston
The Murder List by Julie Garwood
Knife Music by David Carnoy

Children:
Private by Kate Brian

THANK YOU! to both tech_au and xianfox for the heads up on these freebies. I didn't have the Howard's End, Swashbuckling Fantasy & Full-Blooded Fantasy. Don't know how you found them, but thank you!

I'm just in the process of downloading them now.
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:38 PM   #15
xianfox
Ebook Addict
xianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookratt View Post
Don't know how you found them, but thank you!
I went into the bookstore, picked a category, picked the under $5 selection, and then sorted by price. All the $0s floated to the top.
xianfox is offline   Reply With Quote