Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 05-09-2012, 10:45 AM   #1
yankgirl
Connoisseur
yankgirl is on a distinguished road

Device: iPhone, iPad 2, PPP(purple pocket pro) Nook Tablet, K4 & Kindle Fire!
Micro sd card or sdhc?

Hi! Does anyone know if there is a difference between the SanDisk MicroSD or SanDisk MicroSDHC cards?

Will the both work on the nook? I have an extra SanDiskSD card and I was just curious if I can use it just to store my books on it.

Thanks!

Kat
yankgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
You will not see any difference between them on the NOOK
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2012, 01:53 PM   #3
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankgirl View Post
Hi! Does anyone know if there is a difference between the SanDisk MicroSD or SanDisk MicroSDHC cards?...
Physically, they are identical.

They are quite different in terms of their logic. Readers that aren't specifically designed to handle SDHC cards (whether standard or Micro) can't read them reliably, if at all. The same applies to SDXC cards, which are the newest type of large capacity cards in the SD family.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:01 PM   #4
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwig View Post
Physically, they are identical.

They are quite different in terms of their logic. Readers that aren't specifically designed to handle SDHC cards (whether standard or Micro) can't read them reliably, if at all. The same applies to SDXC cards, which are the newest type of large capacity cards in the SD family.
That is a nice general description, but the question was specific to the Nook. The Nook can handle SD and SDHC, so that should cover the specifics of the question. AFAIK the Nook can not handle SDXC, which is what is necessary to go over 32 GigaBytes.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:19 PM   #5
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
That is a nice general description, but the question was specific to the Nook. ...
Actually, the OP asked two questions. The second question had been answered, but the first had been ignored in the first reply. I simply answered the first, unanswered, question.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2012, 02:02 AM   #6
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwig View Post
Actually, the OP asked two questions. The second question had been answered, but the first had been ignored in the first reply. I simply answered the first, unanswered, question.
Answering the second does answer the first, but whatever.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:57 AM   #7
yankgirl
Connoisseur
yankgirl is on a distinguished road

Device: iPhone, iPad 2, PPP(purple pocket pro) Nook Tablet, K4 & Kindle Fire!
Thanks everyone for the help. I already have a SDHC to dual boot, but I just happen to have a regular sd card that came with my card reader - I just didn't want to mess anything up. Just got the NT and still playing around with it!
yankgirl is offline   Reply With Quote