Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-24-2009, 05:36 PM   #61
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
I'd rather not take the chance of it messing things up.
The worst that could happen is that the upgrade doesn't work. I have done upgrades from a FAT32 formatted SD card, so that's why I said 'I doubt that it matters'.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 05:39 PM   #62
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I cannot turn off the justification in ePub either. And since no hyphenation seems to occur it looks very bad with justified text.
Actually, you can. You just have to edit the CSS. See the example below.

text-align: justify
to
text-align: left

That's all there is to it. But if the ePub is with DRM, you just have to strip the DRM first.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2009, 05:40 PM   #63
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
I just tested Three Men in a Boat from the ePub download section. And the text is to near the top. The top row is cut by the border. So is this problem with the book or with the firmware?
Three Men in a Boat displays fine on my 505. So I would say it's a firmware issue with your Gen3. But you can edit the CSS and add a little bit to the top margin to fix that problem.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 05:50 PM   #64
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post

to

That's all there is to it. But if the ePub is with DRM, you just have to strip the DRM first.
How do you disable that so you can use the Gen3 to choose? HarryT's books works OK in this respect.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 06:12 PM   #65
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:

to

It is probably better to remove text-align since then you can choose what you want to have on the Gen3.

But since it does not seem to hyphenate the choice of no justification looks very bad (you get a very ragged right margin that disturbs the reading). So maybe justification with big spaces between words are better anyway.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2009, 06:22 PM   #66
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
I notice no one has answered my *burning* quesion... "Can you update to V2, then roll-back (do another update to) V1.5? IOW, can we switch between Mobi and ePub, back and forth, by applying the appropriate updates???

Derek
My gold edition arrived yesterday. I updated to 2.0 today. And then I updated to 1.5. All went fine.

There's no need to go to 2.0 if you want 1.5. Just go right there.
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 06:24 PM   #67
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Not when you may not be able to get your normal books in Mobipocket. I'm seeing more and more of this happening.
Is that really a problem here? I'm too going to stick to Mobipocket till there's a dictionary.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 06:24 PM   #68
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halk View Post
My gold edition arrived yesterday. I updated to 2.0 today. And then I updated to 1.5. All went fine.

There's no need to go to 2.0 if you want 1.5. Just go right there.
Now we just need someone to hack it so you can have 3.5 (both Mobi and ePub readers). If that happens I would possibly look to by a used Gen 3.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 06:40 PM   #69
K-Thom
The one and only
K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.K-Thom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: yup!
Firmwhale, thar' he blows!

Awright, both firmwares are installed, up and running! The 1.5 prc on my Gen3 and the 2.0 ePub on my Opus. And, my, finally, actually ... folders on my Gen3!

And I've got got to give this one to you, Bookeen. Them firmwares are fast, speedin' up my ol' Gen3 quite a bit!

Never that I had any doubt in you ... *ho-hum*
K-Thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:08 PM   #70
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
Yup, it all works well here too. 1.5. 64MB Cybook from October 2007.

The readme said after update the Cybook will be turned off, but it wasn't - went straight to reading library, and then to library view.

I noticed the Back button can be used to go one folder higher - useful.
There is a Slide Show option, was it there before? Probably, I didn't walk the menus much lately...
The Delete option works.
Now it does what it was supposed to do, and I can't think of anything more I'd need I'll have to start preparing the library

Let's hope it won't start crashing horribly. If it won't, I'll start recommending it
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 07:09 PM   #71
Godzil
a pthread?? where? where?
Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Godzil can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Newton MessagePad 2100, and only this
YaY finaly

Even with FB2 ? YaY
Godzil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:03 AM   #72
fizzywiz
fizzywiz began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3 ver1.2 Build 834
I just put in the 1.5 about 2 hours ago and no crash in sight, I am very happy with it so far. It seems snappy and stable.
fizzywiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 02:13 AM   #73
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
Impatient as I am, I uploaded it onto the FAT formatted microSD card on my phone and attempted the update...

... And it worked without any problems. The update process itself was very quick (2 min or so), much faster than expected.

There was a brief moment when after the restart where it seemed to hang after the Bookeen logo screen. I almost thought I'd bricked but luckily it went to the library screen after a minute or so.

Brief testing shows everything working fine. Nice to finally see firmware v2.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 04:54 AM   #74
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
I cannot turn off the justification in ePub either. And since no hyphenation seems to occur it looks very bad with justified text.
That's probably because the ePUB has the justification hard-coded (and you want your reader to obey hard-coded properties, otherwise you won't see left-aligned or centered text, if present). Try with one of my ePUBs, those don't force any alignment in the main text, or font (so you could try to choose your own font, with your own leading). For testing, I'd recommend "The Prince and the Pauper", it has embedded fonts (for titles), drop caps, illustrations...
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 04:57 AM   #75
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I'll probably stay with Mobipocket for a while, but I'm looking forward to converting to ePUB. Now it's time for the problems:

-Going back to the main folder (with lots of subfolders) still takes a long time.
-Dictionary lookup takes a long time too, maybe it looks for dictionaries in all the subfolders?
-The +/- buttons don't work for me.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote