Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-24-2009, 01:42 PM   #16
Counter
Connoisseur
Counter began at the beginning.

Device: EzReader
Wow

Good for you guys and gals! Enjoy the new firmware!
Counter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:44 PM   #17
elmargol
Enthusiast
elmargol began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus
It is fast. And has new features. If it is stable I'm happy
elmargol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2009, 02:01 PM   #18
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
Did try Mobi version and can't reboot on my 256M SD card (I keep pushing the nav button but no flashing screen !)
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 02:06 PM   #19
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
(Sorry for the french...)

Il faut mettre le fichier a la racine de la carte SD, de-zipé. (Et il s'apelle kernel-update). là ton Cybook devrais le voir.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 02:07 PM   #20
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I did Flash 1.5 on my 64MB Cybook... It didn't start up fast at all, more than 1 minute waiting with the 3 dots screen... In folder view[*], going up from a subfolder to the main folder (where I have one subfolder for each author) was also a long wait... Let's see if it builds some caches or something and it's faster next time

[*] Yay! Folders!
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2009, 02:08 PM   #21
Idoine
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
(Sorry for the french...)

Il faut mettre le fichier a la racine de la carte SD, de-zipé. (Et il s'apelle kernel-update). là ton Cybook devrais le voir.
Thanks, but it seems it was a problem with the card !
I just tried with another one, and the upgrade is on the road...
Old 12-24-2009, 02:19 PM   #22
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Grumpy....Why do I have to logon to download new firmware? I don't for other devices....grumble...grumble...
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 02:20 PM   #23
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Let's see if it builds some caches or something and it's faster next time
It is faster. ~15 seconds in the 1st screen, ~15 seconds in the three dots screen. Maybe because I left it in folder view, and inside a folder, so there were fewer elements to show. I'm happy now.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 02:21 PM   #24
Idoine

Yeah ! It's OK now ! 1.5 build 1093 now !
I am in Folder view, and the navigation is great ! Faster too !
Old 12-24-2009, 02:29 PM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
So how many of you are upgrading to ePub or staying downgraded with Mobipocket?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 02:30 PM   #26
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
So much for the Naysayer. Bah !
Ummm... *THIS* naysayer is still quite active! Why, you ask?

Because I'd put my (old, 64MB) Gen3 up on a shelf - away from the sun, cold, heat, moisture, with nothing put on it and in its softcover - and when I went to fire it up, the screen showed *THIS*!

Like, an original Gen3 can *break* just because it's sitting on the friggin' SHELF!?!

Derek

P.S. Yes, I had been using it the day I put it on the shelf - and had turned it on to ensure that the battery level was fine and everything was in order before I turned it off and shelved it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC236Small.jpg
Views:	518
Size:	380.5 KB
ID:	41869  
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 02:57 PM   #27
ErwinOtten
Addict
ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ErwinOtten has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook G3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So how many of you are upgrading to ePub or staying downgraded with Mobipocket?
As long as there are no ePub dictionary's I'll stay downgraded. Mobipocket is more than good enough for normal books.
ErwinOtten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 02:59 PM   #28
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErwinOtten View Post
As long as there are no ePub dictionary's I'll stay downgraded. Mobipocket is more than good enough for normal books.
Not when you may not be able to get your normal books in Mobipocket. I'm seeing more and more of this happening.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 03:02 PM   #29
Idoine

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Ummm... *THIS* naysayer is still quite active! Why, you ask?

Because I'd put my (old, 64MB) Gen3 up on a shelf - away from the sun, cold, heat, moisture, with nothing put on it and in its softcover - and when I went to fire it up, the screen showed *THIS*!

Like, an original Gen3 can *break* just because it's sitting on the friggin' SHELF!?!

Derek

P.S. Yes, I had been using it the day I put it on the shelf - and had turned it on to ensure that the battery level was fine and everything was in order before I turned it off and shelved it.
Seems to me you need to recharge it !
Old 12-24-2009, 03:04 PM   #30
Crusader
Space Cadet
Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crusader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Cybook Opus, Kobo Glo
What size microSD card do you need for updating the Opus? I didn't bother to buy one due to the freezing issue with SD cards. I do however have a 32MB one in my old cellphone which I could try, if it'll work.

Edit: Nevermind. The download just finished and I see that the file is 35MB in size. Guess I'll have to source a card somewhere... not going to be easy in the middle of nowhere!

Last edited by Crusader; 12-24-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote