Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #22351
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Finishing my morning coffee and trying to decide what I want next.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 05:57 PM   #22352
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Lung Ching Dragonwell as I take a break to watch a bit of curling. Tomorrow is the last day on this contract. I sure wish I had something lined up already.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:19 PM   #22353
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
In my cup: mocha grande, Starbucks airport Caïro. Lovely.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 07:32 PM   #22354
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice
When she's ten feet tall
And if you go chasing rabbits
And you know you're going to fall
Tell 'em a hookah smoking caterpillar
Has given you the call to
Call Alice
When she was just small

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WANNqr-vcx0 )

Good morning, all!! "Small" is the word today. Small, small, small!! My wonderful scale read 86kg on the button this morning! I am becoming small!!!

So... I shall start today with a mug of Taylors of Harrogate's "English Breakfast" tea, a plate of hummus, Kalamata olives, and some yogurt to celebrate! Yippee!! Then it's off for a nice long walk in the Autumn colors. If I stick to the lower altitudes the colors are still going strong. I don't know why, but this year's Foliage colors are absotivly, posolutely increbidle!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:50 PM   #22355
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Any chickens about? Some funny looking scrawny creature suggested I look here.

Water. Cool, clear water.

Last edited by vivaldirules; 11-29-2012 at 08:55 PM.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:47 AM   #22356
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Cinnamon Dulce Latte in my cup and just in from tying down my patio umbrellas to keep them from blowing over in the wind and rain. That will teach me to not forget to pack the away before the storms come in.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:57 AM   #22357
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Afternoon mug of Ceylon Uva, and hard at work on making a new filter wallet. Someone once told me my kitchen always reminded him of a children's Summer Camp arts & crafts room!

Stitchawl
Old 11-30-2012, 03:38 AM   #22358
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Coke Zero #1 in my cup.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 04:13 AM   #22359
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Rooibos tea. And a croissant with cheese, which has more calories in it than the whole of my intake yesterday...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 05:13 AM   #22360
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Rooibos tea. And a croissant with cheese, which has more calories in it than the whole of my intake yesterday...
Croissants are the Devil's invention. Twice in the past week temptation almost got the better of me. There is a shop in town that sells mini-croissants, but they put a sugar glaze on them. I actually DID give in, walked up to the counter and asked if they had any withOUT the sugar glaze. Fortunately, they didn't, so I didn't buy. The next day I was in an area of Kyoto that I hadn't been before, and lo and behold... right in front of me, one of the DeliFrance chain stores. I'd never seen one in Japan before, but when in Singapore we often eat breakfast there. The croissants are magnificent! Fortunately, I was able to pass it by... but it was a close call.

Stitchawl
Old 11-30-2012, 05:34 AM   #22361
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Croissants are the Devil's invention. Twice in the past week temptation almost got the better of me. There is a shop in town that sells mini-croissants, but they put a sugar glaze on them. I actually DID give in, walked up to the counter and asked if they had any withOUT the sugar glaze. Fortunately, they didn't, so I didn't buy. The next day I was in an area of Kyoto that I hadn't been before, and lo and behold... right in front of me, one of the DeliFrance chain stores. I'd never seen one in Japan before, but when in Singapore we often eat breakfast there. The croissants are magnificent! Fortunately, I was able to pass it by... but it was a close call.

Stitchawl
Very strong-willed of you. I can resist everything but temptation (Oscar Wilde). My fasting diet allows me to have more of less what I want on the non-fasting days, so I can give in to little temptations . However, I have found my weight loss has more or less stopped, so maybe I'm over-compensating on my off days. Will need to watch those calories every day, methinks. Mind you, I am only one pound above my target weight, so I'm happy enough if I can just maintain.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:02 AM   #22362
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Very strong-willed of you. I can resist everything but temptation (Oscar Wilde).
I was surprised at myself. I usually give in to temptation on the premise that it might not present itself again soon...

Being one pound up isn't something to lose much sleep over. If it takes you a month to lose it, no big deal. I figure I've got 6 more kilo to drop to reach my goal of 80kg. Already my wife is complaining that I look too skinny. There is the possibility that what's she's really complaining about it that my pants keep falling down... and I figure, gee... as long as they're already down...

Stitchawl
Old 11-30-2012, 07:36 AM   #22363
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I was surprised at myself. I usually give in to temptation on the premise that it might not present itself again soon...

Being one pound up isn't something to lose much sleep over. If it takes you a month to lose it, no big deal. I figure I've got 6 more kilo to drop to reach my goal of 80kg. Already my wife is complaining that I look too skinny. There is the possibility that what's she's really complaining about it that my pants keep falling down... and I figure, gee... as long as they're already down...

Stitchawl

My wife is saying the same thing. Only she is calling me scrawny - even worse than too skinny. It's all relative (no, not the in-laws), I mean she's just used to me being overweight. In fact I could do with another 7 pounds off, I think.

Black coffee (no sugar) in my cup.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:55 AM   #22364
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
In fact I could do with another 7 pounds off, I think.
I'm aiming for 68kg, so that's 8.8 pounds to go for me.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:15 AM   #22365
orlok
Close to the Edit!

My 7 pounds would take me to 11 and a half stone, 73kg, which I would be very happy to stay at. Slow and steady wins the race .

Filtered Water in my cup.

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?