Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-17-2010, 07:22 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
txt to Epub - nbsp nbsp

I tired a txt to Epub conversion, for Snow Crash, after grabbing metadata via calibre - ISBN 9780553898194

the initial story pages look fine, but the summary has lots of this when read with internal calibre reader:

"and just aboutnbsp;nbsp;everything in between with a cool, hipnbsp;nbsp;cyber-sensibility to bring us the gigantic thriller of thenbsp;nbsp;information age. "

what's generating all the nbsp and can I supress it ?

UPDATE - that nbsp stuff is in the metadata summary which has downloaded into calibre - it is not a conversion artifact not still - is there an easy fix to stop it happening with other books. ?
I do see that I can tediously manually edit the summary
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:05 AM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
There isn't an easy fix within calibre, but this is an very rare problem - haven't seen it with any of the hundreds of summaries I've downloaded.

You can easily copy all the text out of the summary field and paste it into a text editor, then a single find/replace step and you're done.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert