Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-17-2011, 11:20 PM   #106
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
you can do that right now, we can discuss how in another thread if you like, pick or start one.
Thank you!

Would this one be more appropriate? If so, does it mean I have to do that "jail breaking" thing? I really don't want to mess up my K3.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:23 AM   #107
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Would this one be more appropriate? If so, does it mean I have to do that "jail breaking" thing? I really don't want to mess up my K3.
Unfortunately yes, as there is no other way to access to screensavers folder on the Kindle (as far as I know).

The jailbreak for ss is actually really easy to apply, and works perfectly for me. I have since upgraded the os as well, with no problems. I use it to have the cover of the book I am currently reading as my ss.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2011, 03:20 PM   #108
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Thank you!

ok
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:57 PM   #109
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Unfortunately yes, as there is no other way to access to screensavers folder on the Kindle (as far as I know).

The jailbreak for ss is actually really easy to apply, and works perfectly for me. I have since upgraded the os as well, with no problems. I use it to have the cover of the book I am currently reading as my ss.
Hmmm...I'll have to see whats involved and I'll need step by step instructuions, before fiddling with it. Thanks.

[strike]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
ok
Ok, that's the right thread? - NM.

Last edited by Nyssa; 10-18-2011 at 06:07 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:43 AM   #110
Kubizo
Connoisseur
Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Kindle 3 B008 3.1
Hi everyone again!

@Alansplace: thanks for your comment!
@Nyssa: thanks for your comment and for the suggestions, I very much appreciate advices.
Concerning the book cover, the experts on this forum (NiLuJe and Yifan Lu) wrote that it is impossible (it would take some serious modification).
Concerning mixing the new screensavers with the original ones, you can definitely do so! Check out the album Kindle 3 Default Images on the website. You can pick your favorite images and mix them in with your custom images
Kubizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2011, 07:10 AM   #111
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovaldisk View Post
nice tip! I just found out tomorrow will be another 100-degree day.
The tip about the weather via Kindle is useful. Thanks for posting about it.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:50 PM   #112
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubizo View Post
Hi everyone again!

@Alansplace: thanks for your comment!
@Nyssa: thanks for your comment and for the suggestions, I very much appreciate advices.
Concerning the book cover, the experts on this forum (NiLuJe and Yifan Lu) wrote that it is impossible (it would take some serious modification).
Concerning mixing the new screensavers with the original ones, you can definitely do so! Check out the album Kindle 3 Default Images on the website. You can pick your favorite images and mix them in with your custom images
Very cool!!
Old 10-20-2011, 03:27 PM   #113
Kubizo
Connoisseur
Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.Kubizo knows the way to San Jose.

Thanks! Glad it helped!
Old 10-23-2011, 09:49 PM   #114
allisondbl
Connoisseur
allisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Paperwhites 2013 and 2015, Nook Glowlight, iPhone, etc.
*Sigh.* No matter how geek I am, the darn Kindle finds ways to confound. I would love to use your screensaver changer Kubizo but can't get it to work on my Kindle 3. I downloaded the .exe, applied the key and followed every single step faithfully THREE times, but the problem with my Kindle (B006; 3/3 FWIW) is that when it's time to update it just doesn't. I DO see a new jailbreak bin as a Kindle file when I plug it into PC and check what's on kindle drive, but it always says "The update was not successful." And then it says "cannot copy file, cannot read from the source file or disk" What am I missing, what can I do? Thanks so much for help.
allisondbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:50 PM   #115
allisondbl
Connoisseur
allisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to beholdallisondbl is a marvel to behold

Device: Kindle Paperwhites 2013 and 2015, Nook Glowlight, iPhone, etc.
One thought: does one install the software TO THE PC or should it be installed INTO the KINDLE itself?
allisondbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:51 AM   #116
Kubizo
Connoisseur

Absolutely to the PC!

Sorry for the delay answering your post. I understand you have the Kindle 3, 3G, US/Canada version. Could you please tell me which firmware you have?

I'm already working to fix the problem! Thanks so much!

Davide
Old 10-25-2011, 09:25 AM   #117
PeterSm
PeterSm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 non touch,paperwhite 10
Kubizo screensaver

this works really well and interface is neat and tidy..however one quick question..

has it actually "jailbroken" the kindle to achieve this effect ???
PeterSm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:59 AM   #118
Kubizo
Connoisseur

Hi Peter! I'm happy it worked on your Kindle and you liked it!
Quote:
has it actually "jailbroken" the kindle to achieve this effect ???
Yes, it does. That's the only possible way to achieve the result

Thanks for the comments!
Old 10-28-2011, 01:48 AM   #119
robyn777
robyn777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.robyn777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.robyn777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.robyn777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.robyn777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: ebookwise 1150 & eslick
I can't find the free license link is it available on the website?

Thanks
robyn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 06:48 AM   #120
Kubizo
Connoisseur

Hi Robyn777,

sorry for the delay and THANK YOU for pointing out that the link is missing! The provider I use for the "get the link if you post on facebook" thing must be having technical problems and the image is not visible!

Please just click on the little image with "glowfoto" written on it. Sorry and thanks again!

Anyway, I just sent you a PM with the license.

I'm on it to fix the problem right now!