Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-08-2015, 10:52 AM   #1
Gothamite
Gothamite began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Kobo Aura bold text all of a sudden...

Hello all,
Sorry if this has been asked before but I had trouble finding the same problem through forums.

Anyway, as the title says sometimes all text becomes bold.
I'm reading MOBI book and everything seemed perfectly fine.

After I finished reading I switched it off, and when I turned it back on the last page I was reading, all of a sudden all text became bold.

I switched it off for about an hour and when I turned it on it all changed back to normal font.

So, the bold thing comes and goes and I hate waiting an hour or so just so I can start reading again.

Any help/fix would be appreciated,
Thanks.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 11:12 AM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
I'd first convert the book to epub and try again. Mobi support is a touch flakey on the Kobo.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2015, 11:15 AM   #3
Gothamite
Gothamite began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Yeah I realized it must be something about mobi being weird with Kobo.
What free program is best for mobi to epub conversion?
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 01:50 PM   #4
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Yeah I realized it must be something about mobi being weird with Kobo.
What free program is best for mobi to epub conversion?
Calibre works very well for me for simple conversions between formats. There is a very active Calibre forum right here at MobileReads for more info.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 09:04 PM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Hello all,
Sorry if this has been asked before but I had trouble finding the same problem through forums.

Anyway, as the title says sometimes all text becomes bold.
I'm reading MOBI book and everything seemed perfectly fine.

After I finished reading I switched it off, and when I turned it back on the last page I was reading, all of a sudden all text became bold.

I switched it off for about an hour and when I turned it on it all changed back to normal font.

So, the bold thing comes and goes and I hate waiting an hour or so just so I can start reading again.
Did you actually power off, or just put it to sleep and wake it? My guess from what you said is that you put it to sleep both time. But, the second time you left it long enough to automatically power off. And did you try closing and reopening the book?

In any case, the suggestion to convert the books to epub is probably the best. The MOBI reader works, but it seems to have some strange problems.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert