Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-27-2009, 02:23 PM   #1
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Oberon Designs leather book covers for Sony PRS

I've been admiring Oberon's Kindle covers, so I emailed them regarding ones for the Sony PRS-505, and I received this email in return:

"Dear Kate, we’re working on this. We are trying to make something that will be compatible for both the 505 and the new 700 models. We will know a lot more about this next week. If you could check back with us in mid to late April, we may even have a working cover by then on our site or you could email us for an update. Thanks for contacting us!! Becca"

So we may have the chance to get their quite beautiful leather covers as well, and soon.

Here's the link to their site:

http://www.oberondesign.com/

So you can see for yourself.

Kate
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 03:22 PM   #2
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
I have been waiting for this!!
woohoo!!
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 08:51 AM   #3
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Cannot find.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 06:43 PM   #4
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
OMG, I am going to be in so much trouble if they actually do this! My wallet will never forgive me!!!

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 06:50 PM   #5
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
Cannot find.
Astra,

They are not available quite yet.
Mid to late April they may have it on their site.
Old 03-29-2009, 06:51 PM   #6
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
OMG, I am going to be in so much trouble if they actually do this! My wallet will never forgive me!!!

Sayhello
I've already warned hubby that this is a "must-have"! LOL
Old 03-30-2009, 10:44 AM   #7
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbFabGab View Post
Astra,

They are not available quite yet.
Mid to late April they may have it on their site.
Could you give us a shout when Sony Reader covers do appear on their website?
Ta!
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:15 PM   #8
Mare of Earth
Leaver of Hoofmarks
Mare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notes

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle Paperwhite 4
Hopefully these will be available soon - I heard they were working on a design.
Mare of Earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 02:11 PM   #9
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster

Latest news from my email:
===
Dear Gabrielle, we have a group of beta testers finalizing their comments for us by the end of this week. Once we’ve confirmed that our cover works for them we will begin preparing image files for our site, etc. Watch for this to happen by the end of the month. Thanks for keeping in contact. Very exciting!!!! Becca
===

I can't stand the wait!
Somebody knock me out then wake me when they're available! LOL
Old 04-20-2009, 02:28 PM   #10
sayhello
Addict
sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sayhello has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505 (Blue!), PRS-650 (Black), iPad, iPod Touch
Quote:
Latest news from my email:
===
Dear Gabrielle, we have a group of beta testers finalizing their comments for us by the end of this week. Once we’ve confirmed that our cover works for them we will begin preparing image files for our site, etc. Watch for this to happen by the end of the month. Thanks for keeping in contact. Very exciting!!!! Becca
===

I can't stand the wait!
Oh, Thank you! I am *SO* glad to hear that! The stupic plastic tab broke on my NEW tri-fold cover (which I bought last month when the tab broke on the original cover!). So I am in the market for a new cover, anyways, and I'm really happy that these use straps, not the stupid tabs.

Guess I'm just going to HAVE to buy me one!!! (Although how I'm going to manage with a broken cover until then... )

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:05 PM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Why do you keep running when I come near you with the baseball bat. Stay still will ya...

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 05:19 PM   #12
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Why do you keep running when I come near you with the baseball bat. Stay still will ya...

BOb
I'm just so stinkin' excited I can't stand still!
Old 04-21-2009, 10:39 AM   #13
Mare of Earth
Leaver of Hoofmarks
Mare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notesMare of Earth can name that song in three notes

You have reason to be excited. I have it on excellent authority that the beta test covers are Gorgeous!
Old 04-21-2009, 07:54 PM   #14
XK143
XK143 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage - Back again after trying them all!
Kate,

Thanks for contacting them...I've been looking at their site for a month now wondering which one I might be able to retrofit to my 505. This is awesome news! (Go Beavers!)

XK143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 09:57 AM   #15
Mare of Earth
Leaver of Hoofmarks

Ok - I was an angel and waited several days to hear back from them, but I can no longer resist posting this.

Edit: Keep in mind - these pictures were from the first beta model, which did not go into production. The second beta design was much more awesome, and is what went into production with one small change in the strap layout. There are good pictures of the final design in the rest of this thread.

Last edited by Mare of Earth; 02-08-2010 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Clarification and Update