Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-17-2008, 05:28 PM   #1
JeffElkins
Guru
JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.JeffElkins is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E/HD, Kindle PW
Insane test

I bought myself & my wife Sony 505's so we could enjoy ebooks when we are outside in our pool, in the hot Florida sun. Our Nokia N800 and 770 did not cut it. Totally unreadable in bright sunlight. Enter the 505's. One blue, one silver and wonderful outside. But what about the water?

As my wife watched in horror, I tossed my silver 505 into the pool. Before doing so, I had enclosed my beloved Sony into a 1 quart zip-lock bag. My ebook was totally readable through the bag, and every control was assessable when enclosed. Not one drop of water touched my Sony.

When our Sony's go outside, they will be in their bag.

Last edited by JeffElkins; 06-17-2008 at 07:20 PM. Reason: edit Nokia device
JeffElkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:31 PM   #2
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Yes that was pretty insane! Glad it worked out, I'll be sure to remember that when I take my 505 on vacation this month...and next...and the following.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:55 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i'm glad you did that test, so i won't have to. i don't think my heart could take the suspense.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:06 PM   #4
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
You're not insane. Just very confident.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:17 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
insanely confident.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:18 PM   #6
axel77
Fanatic
axel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-booksaxel77 has learned how to read e-books

Device: iliad
http://www.justread.de/shop/product_...hkhi62374r04a4

The Aquapac, I use it reguluary to read my iLiad while in the bathtub.
axel77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:49 PM   #7
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by axel77 View Post
http://www.justread.de/shop/product_...hkhi62374r04a4

The Aquapac, I use it reguluary to read my iLiad while in the bathtub.
That is certainly a much safer solution. They have great products. Now that the zip lock patent is over you don't really know how good the bag you are using will be. Why take a chance with an expensive product when aquapac is available.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:58 PM   #8
jexxica
jexxica began at the beginning.

Device: Sony CR390EDB
insane story...
jexxica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 07:06 AM   #9
spooky69
Stats:
spooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-505
It depends on your disposable income and commitment to preservation of precious natural resources, like that one that slave children mine that makes my computer chips work or something.
spooky69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 07:08 AM   #10
spooky69
Stats:
spooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheesespooky69 can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by jplumey View Post
Glad
- v x c
Old 06-20-2008, 07:09 AM   #11
spooky69
Stats:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
glad
c ggg