Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 10-31-2011, 01:41 PM   #1
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Kobo Store Needs Better Categories for Vox

Hey - just thought I'd see anyone has been buying books yet that are specific to the Vox?

If you go to the store on the Vox itself, there isn't a Vox browsing category. There is a Vox category if you go on your PC online to the Kobo store. Even then, the Vox books are poorly categorized/organized. I was looking for ePubs with interactive or audio read-along capability, and I was only able to do this by scrolling through the Vox category.

I am planning to ask Kobo this directly, but I'd really like to see some specific categories for different types of Vox/tablet only books. AND...I'd like to see the prices come DOWN! $15+taxes for a kids e-book is robbery!!!!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:09 PM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
My understanding is that the Vox is supposed to connect to a Vox version of the store. It might not yet be possible yet, but maybe the update that folks say is coming on Wednesday will take care of that.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:51 PM   #3
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Hmmmm...maybe it's already doing that and this is why there was no 'Vox' category in the mobile store, but there was one when I logged in with my PC?
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 06:07 PM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Could be--I won't know until I go home and set up my Vox
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:14 AM   #5
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Aura One
There is one when you log on the Kobo Touch as well so maybe it is already adjusted when logging in through the vox as previous poster suggested. I don't have a vox yet so can't check.
mcrmama is offline   Reply With Quote