Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 08:11 PM   #16
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Wow, looks great! It will be interesting to see how it holds up.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:17 PM   #17
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
I just googled, and yes, there are companies (or at least one company, I didn't look beyond this one) that will print custom metal parts from 3D models:

http://www.shapeways.com/themes/stai...inting_gallery
Old 05-16-2011, 05:54 PM   #18
chris77586
Patent Pending
chris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughing

Device: prs 350
im diggin' that website. Minimum 25 dollar order though.... im thinkin maybe ill make like 25 dollars worth of styluses and put em on ebay or somthin of that sort
Old 05-16-2011, 06:02 PM   #19
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris77586 View Post
im diggin' that website. Minimum 25 dollar order though.... im thinkin maybe ill make like 25 dollars worth of styluses and put em on ebay or somthin of that sort
Note that the default choices are prices for plastic items-- if you choose to make a stainless steel stylus it could well cost $25 for 1.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:40 PM   #20
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Smile

Knitting needle..................
Old 05-18-2011, 12:27 AM   #21
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Knitting needle..................
So, what knitting needles do you use that fit and stay in the slot? None of my knitting needles do.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:09 AM   #22
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
I'm using a wooden kebab skewer here. I wrapped a little bit of sticky tape near the top to stop it sliding out. Seems to work mostly well, but I think the thinness of the tip stops it from registering sometimes.

I can't quite see myself walking through a local knitting store, but might look at that. I'm sure noone will ask questions of the funny guy trying to put knitting needles into the electronic do-dad, will they? I assume you can buy single knitting needles, or do I get a spare stylus "for free"?

Cheers,
Simon.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:51 PM   #23
chris77586
Patent Pending
chris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughingchris77586 can shake the floor when laughing

this shapeways website is giving me some troubles- but ill work around it. How many people would be willing to buy one if a made a bunch? they would look like the one that i posted up earlier, just white and smoother.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:42 PM   #24
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
this shapeways website is giving me some troubles- but ill work around it. How many people would be willing to buy one if a made a bunch? they would look like the one that i posted up earlier, just white and smoother.
Depending on final price and postage to Australia, I'm definitely interested.

My new 3.75mm knitting needle doesn't actually fit in the silo .

Cheers,
Simon.
Old 05-23-2011, 09:23 AM   #25
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkophilus View Post
Depending on final price and postage to Australia, I'm definitely interested.
Same.

Just for the fun of it, I tried out my metal circular knitting needles. A 3.5mm needle fits, actually fitting fairly securely inside the slot even when shaken upside down, and the end juts out about a cm. It's actually a pretty decent alternative, though I'd feel silly using it. :P
Old 05-23-2011, 09:40 AM   #26
drdann
Connoisseur
drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drdann ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Depends on price....
Old 05-23-2011, 09:51 AM   #27
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Ideally what i want to do is buy an original from the overseas website, the make a negative casting out of silicone, then make a positive casting out of that from a denser plastic. But that will be the future...
If your new one is a proper fit after sanding, why not just use it to make a casting rather than ordering an original?
Old 05-23-2011, 10:52 AM   #28
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Re. knitting needles, I can't find the ones I had - will do some looking in the charity shop !

But I did find a pair that were perfect, and the size was on the knob at the top.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:59 PM   #29
chris77586
Patent Pending

the price would be between 5-10 dollars plus shipping. im not to sure about international shipping; never done it before. Im guessing the easiest way to sell them would be through ebay and paypal.
Old 11-13-2011, 08:22 PM   #30
shootist
Zealot
shootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned offshootist can read ebooks with the screen turned off

Device: nook, prs-650, prs-350, galaxy tab 2
How are the shapeway ones holding up?
Closed Thread