Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-31-2013, 11:02 PM   #436
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Can't log in to FLP any more. Instead of telling me the system is down, it's telling me that the library card does not exist! If at least their error messages made any sense!!
That means there are doing maintenance. Don't panic unless it near your renewal time then you might need to renew. I get that message when the servers are down try in a few hours.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 11:05 PM   #437
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Not panicking, since I got this message before, but it would be great if they could update their error messages nevertheless. Tsk
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2013, 11:07 PM   #438
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
You've probably already tried this, but just in case, have you checked the settings on your device to make sure it allows passwords and/or form entries to be saved? When I first got my reader I had something set wrong and it wouldn't remember (that was a long time ago before all the Overdrive changes).

Certainly with all the other Overdrive problems I can believe it's the library's fault now, though.
It's definitely the system, since my other three libraries let me sign in, but thanks for trying to help
I
Old 01-31-2013, 11:12 PM   #439
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The big Kindle button proved to me that Overdrive is in bed with Amazon.
What big kindle button? The drop down selection between Kindle book and epub book?

I'd like to see numbers around this as well (as someone else suggested). Among all my friends and acquaintances, there is one Nook reader, and she knows another one, and the rest all use kindle.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #440
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
I thought I had a great idea that if I just made the font really, really small, I'd be able to see the full title and full author name just below the book covers (no hovering or clicking involved)!

Ha...doesn't work at all. Just have a tiny island of covers in the middle of my screen

Boo.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #441
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Can't log in to FLP any more. Instead of telling me the system is down, it's telling me that the library card does not exist! If at least their error messages made any sense!!
I get the same error from FLP.

Code:
The specified library patron account information is not valid.

Details: Failed HTTP Request. Description = "(null)", Error Message = "Unknown error 0x80072F0D".

Click here to return to the sign in form.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:28 PM   #442
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
What big kindle button? The drop down selection between Kindle book and epub book?

I'd like to see numbers around this as well (as someone else suggested). Among all my friends and acquaintances, there is one Nook reader, and she knows another one, and the rest all use kindle.
The first version of the new Overdrive software had a BIG Kindle button and the rest in some smallish text box underneath.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #443
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
Also, I think it's safe to say that most people always want to borrow the book in the same format (epub, kindle, pdf). Most likely the only time they would want a different format is when their preferred format is not available. So why not make that a *user* preference? I could set "I want epubs" in My Account and then I would only see the checkboxes when epub is not available. OR, right by the Download button, it would say "you are downloading: epub. Change" And that would allow me to change to a different format.
Actually, I switch back and forth between epub and kindle format depending what reader I want to read the book on, but I won't get pdf unless there's no other format available, since both my readers support pdf but not well at all.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 04:16 PM   #444
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you Overdrive! They finally fixed the log in every time you check out a book on hold!
Old 02-01-2013, 05:38 PM   #445
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

FLP allows me to login now.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #446
xendula
eBookworm

Same here, after 15-20 hours.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:14 PM   #447
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Thank you Overdrive! They finally fixed the log in every time you check out a book on hold!
Hooray! That was really annoying. Now they need to add back the extra information about number of copies to your holds list so you know your place in line. Those are probably my biggest complaints about the new format. Otherwise I like the new book cover view for my tablet, but I want to have list view as an option for when I'm on my computer.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:18 PM   #448
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Hooray! That was really annoying. Now they need to add back the extra information about number of copies to your holds list so you know your place in line. Those are probably my biggest complaints about the new format. Otherwise I like the new book cover view for my tablet, but I want to have list view as an option for when I'm on my computer.
I have an even better complaint then that. I want to be able to click once to borrow or reserve. We used to be able to do that. Now we have to click the cover and then borrow or reserve. That to me is more annoying.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:36 PM   #449
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
It was more than annoying for me because two of my libraries use the same website. So at times I forget which one I was suppose to log in again to.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:16 PM   #450
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
I don't understand why all the libraries aren't the same. I still have the "You are user 2 out of 4 on the waiting list" information on my books on hold. I also have not had to log in with each book as some others have.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I haven't had these problems! but you'd think all the Overdrive libraries would be the same.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote