Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 01-29-2010, 07:32 AM   #1
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
On the normal forum site, I go through all the "new posts", reading the ones that I'm interested in and then using the menu item to "mark all posts read" to clear out that "new posts" section.
When on my iPhone using the mobile website I go through all "new posts" similarly, but there is no option to "mark all posts read".
It's no biggie to go to the main site just for that menu item, but I wondered if including that item on the mobile site (perhaps under the "New posts" results?) is an option?
Cheers,
Marc (hoping it's not already there and I've just overlooked it)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:56 AM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
I'd be lost and never be able to catch up without the "Mark Forums Read" options.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2010, 06:00 PM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
It's no biggie to go to the main site just for that menu item, but I wondered if including that item on the mobile site (perhaps under the "New posts" results?) is an option?
That shouldn't be a problem. If I remember correctly, we reasoned against including a "mark all post" button in the mobile version because it is easy on a mobile device to click on something you didn't intend to, and it would be rather frustrating if you accidentally marked all posts read.

Perhaps with a warning messages first...
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:15 PM   #4
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Perhaps...but it's a good point. It's not as if I *don't* accidentally press the wrong buttons at times (I'm like pshrynk in the Star Chamber ).

Please, consider it a suggestion only on my part. The status quo (the current mobile site) works well for me, improved even more now I've found its Settings page (I'm adept at overlooking the obvious).

Cheers, and thanks,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote