Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-06-2014, 08:32 AM   #31
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnastase View Post
Does it take that long for the Chinese postal service to move packets around ?
I saw mine got shipped from Banggood.com a week ago and then nothing, it sits in a warehouse somewhere ...
I guess I'm too used to Amazon.com
Yeah it takes that long, but as you said it sits for a week or more.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 01:30 AM   #32
smayonak
Enthusiast
smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.smayonak is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Onyx Boox i86+
Quote:
I saw mine got shipped from Banggood.com a week ago and then nothing, it sits in a warehouse somewhere ...
It has to go through customs, first. Customs can be notoriously slow. I've heard of packaged getting delayed for months.
smayonak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2014, 03:44 AM   #33
zufre
Connoisseur
zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Glo/Nook ST
Does Ivona works with the T62? I am specifically interested in the Spanish voice. I got problems with Onyx readers supporting only English.
zufre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 08:05 AM   #34
dnastase
Addict
dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NG,NSTG,NST,AuraHD,OnyxT68,Lynx, BoyueT62,NGP,Aura1,Oasis,Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by smayonak View Post
It has to go through customs, first. Customs can be notoriously slow. I've heard of packaged getting delayed for months.
What ?!?
Here or in China ?
dnastase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 05:42 PM   #35
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zufre View Post
Does Ivona works with the T62? I am specifically interested in the Spanish voice. I got problems with Onyx readers supporting only English.
I currently have the E653 firmware and don't see Ivona.
Advert
Old 11-15-2014, 05:40 AM   #36
zufre
Connoisseur
zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zufre has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Glo/Nook ST
Maybe Ivona can be installed from Google Play and then load any voice you were interested in. You can install Coolreader or FBreader to listen to those voices...
Regads.
zufre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 07:12 AM   #37
dnastase
Addict
dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I finally got my Boyue T62.
It is indeed in reality what Onyx T68 is on paper: fast, responsive and stuff just works.

However: the backlight is horror. Uneven, I can see shades of green, pink and yellow and at the bottom is like a light show: even patterns of shadow and light.
I don't know if I got a defective backlight or is that how it is w/ the T62-s ?
Old 11-18-2014, 08:18 AM   #38
peterkobovox
peterkobovox began at the beginning.

Device: kindle oasis, voyage, nook glowlight plus, kobo aura one
Quote:
It took around 3 weeks for my order from banggood to arrive, just be patient
peterkobovox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 09:34 AM   #39
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
It is indeed in reality what Onyx T68 is on paper: fast, responsive and stuff just works.

However: the backlight is horror. Uneven, I can see shades of green, pink and yellow and at the bottom is like a light show: even patterns of shadow and light.
The light on my T62 looks a lot like the light on my T68 did - it's splotchy and uneven on the very bottom, but the rest looks ok. That's the only two readers I've had with a light so I thought that was "normal". Definitely no colors. I usually keep the light level pretty low so I don't know if that makes a difference - I'll check it out later tonight on a higher level.
Old 11-18-2014, 06:50 PM   #40
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:

Like Purple Lady, I have some mild shadowing at the bottom of my T62, and on the left side near the bottom. Others who have reviewed the T61 and T62 have seen that mild shadowing. Mine has no color show, though, and the shadowing doesn't affect my reading. Kindle, Kobo and Nook have eliminated that shadowing on their newest e-readers. But your problem sounds much worse than mine.
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 10:08 PM   #41
dnastase
Addict

Yes, thank you both. It looks like again (T68) I'm the lucky "winner" of a defective unit

My T68 is perfect from this point of view, the backlight is even, no issues whatsoever (except for the lack of lower brightness levels of course).
I would be fine too with the shadows at the bottom, but colors showing make my eyes thing they're super tired and they're trying to compensate them, making it worse.

Oh well, I'm not sure when I'm going to find a reader that I can like ...
Old 11-19-2014, 05:54 AM   #42
fozzedout
Guru
fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fozzedout ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx M96, Kindle Basic 2014, Onyx T68 Lynx, Icarus Illumina E653
With my E653, the bottom 2 brightness levels is "light off", and level 3-4 is a "lighting flicker mode" where it can't decide on a brightness, level 5 and up is a solid light, and it's about the same brightness as my T68 minimum brightness...
fozzedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 01:26 PM   #43
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozzedout View Post
With my E653, the bottom 2 brightness levels is "light off", and level 3-4 is a "lighting flicker mode" where it can't decide on a brightness, level 5 and up is a solid light, and it's about the same brightness as my T68 minimum brightness...
Interesting. I have a Boyue T62, and I have been trying the E653 firmware on it. In low brightness levels, I also noticed that "lighting flicker mode" - not constant, but every once in a while. I never saw that happen with the T62 firmware. The E653 firmware is also slow to come out of sleep mode, sometimes freezing for a time. On the other hand, the fonts look a little better on the E653 firmware and it has a few more customization options than the T62 firmware has. I haven't yet decided which one will be my preferred one.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:55 PM   #44
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
Interesting. I have a Boyue T62, and I have been trying the E653 firmware on it. In low brightness levels, I also noticed that "lighting flicker mode" - not constant, but every once in a while. I never saw that happen with the T62 firmware. The E653 firmware is also slow to come out of sleep mode, sometimes freezing for a time. On the other hand, the fonts look a little better on the E653 firmware and it has a few more customization options than the T62 firmware has. I haven't yet decided which one will be my preferred one.
I've been back on the E653 for a while now and I haven't noticed any flickering. The highest brightness level I use is 7 bars.
Old 11-19-2014, 04:16 PM   #45
downeaster59
Wizard

My mild flickering usually happens right after I boot up (or reboot). It lasts a few moments and stops. When I first noticed it, I wondered if I was seeing things! But, after a few minutes (at most), the flickering seems to stop for good. I can read with the default reading app or the Kindle app or Moon Reader for quite a while and not see any flickering.