Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-09-2012, 10:34 AM   #1
catsknit
Addict
catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung tablet, Kobo Libra, InkPad 3 Pro
Red face Battery going?

I've had my PRS 650 for about 20 months now with no problems. I usually charge it using an AC charger that came with my phone (output 5.1 mV) which seems identical to another wall charger I bought (based on recommendations here) when I first got the reader. Since I read on it at least several times a week, if not daily, I plug it in when I see it's 2 bars or less.

Last week I took a trip by train and sometimes charged it from the AC outlets on the train. Seemed fine. Two days ago it was at 4 bars when I put it into sleep mode. Yesterday when I went to wake it up, it said the battery was too low to even register! It did charge up again and seems OK now but is this the beginning of the end? I've noticed it's not going as long between charges for awhile now but draining completely in 24 hours without any usage at all is new.

Karen
catsknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #2
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Probably not.

Some while ago my 650 did the same thing - went from fully charged to empty overnight. A soft reset was all it needed and (fingers crossed) it's been fine ever since.

If yours has been showing symptoms of faster than normal discharge for a while I would suggest a reset might be needed.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #3
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Go to the initialization menu and reformat the memory. Back up your books first. If that doesn't work, do a hard reset (search these forums for instructions). It is quite possible you have a book on there upsetting it so remove all your books too.

I also recommend you minimize use of the power-switch. There's a thread here about it.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 02:18 PM   #4
catsknit
Addict
catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung tablet, Kobo Libra, InkPad 3 Pro
Ashjuk, I forgot to mention that I did have to do a soft reset about a week ago; I'd forgotten that. It froze while I was reading but the soft reset fixed it.

Rizla, thanks for the info on the hard reset - I will look that up. I did read about the power switch issues and will try to avoid that. I used to just allow it to go to sleep on its own but I'd gotten in the habit of "putting it to sleep" after reading. I never shut it down completely.
catsknit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery life