Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-10-2012, 09:13 AM   #1
Fabe
Dylanologist
Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.

Device: none/all/any
Back with small problem ...

Friends,

I've been out of the ePub creation game for about 8 months. You get rusty and the technology keeps changing. I downloaded Sigil .4.2.0 and it works fine. The html & epub checks work great. Thanks for those.

Today my problem is this: I created 5 ePub files. #1 works fine, I used it as a template for #2, then #2 as a template for #3 and so on. I ran into some issues with old files names remaining in the resourses of the opf, but was able to fix that with checkers sugestion. So what's wrong?

I tried to open the ePubs in FireFox. Only #1 opens correctly. #'s 2-5 get an error message shown below. Can you tell me what I'm missing? Thanks. - Fabe

P.S. Running an iMac with Mac OS 10.7.2
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-01-10 at 8.47.40 AM.png
Views:	239
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	81037  

Last edited by Fabe; 01-10-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Fabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:20 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabe View Post
Friends,

I've been out of the ePub creation game for about 8 months. You get rusty and the technology keeps changing. I downloaded Sigil .4.2.0 and it works fine. The html & epub checks work great. Thanks for those.

Today my problem is this: I created 5 ePub files. #1 works fine, I used it as a template for #2, then #2 as a template for #3 and so on. I ran into some issues with old files names remaining in the resourses of the opf, but was able to fix that with checkers sugestion. So what's wrong?

I tried to open the ePubs in FireFox. Only #1 opens correctly. #'s 2-5 get an error message shown below. Can you tell me what I'm missing? Thanks. - Fabe

P.S. Running an iMac with Mac OS 10.7.2
Did you add the "EPUBReader" (next forum down) plugin to Firefox?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2012, 09:39 AM   #3
Fabe
Dylanologist
Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.Fabe has survived committing the World's Second Greatest Blunder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Did you add the "EPUBReader" (next forum down) plugin to Firefox?
If you mean, Does my Firefox app have the epub reader? The answer is yes.

If you mean, Did I post in that section, the answer is no. - Fabe
Old 01-10-2012, 10:08 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
If you mean, Does my Firefox app have the epub reader? The answer is yes.

If you mean, Did I post in that section, the answer is no. - Fabe
OK, you managed to get FF to barf

Did those failing EPUB's pass Flightcrew check before you left Sigil?
Old 01-10-2012, 10:34 AM   #5
Fabe
Dylanologist

Quote:
Did those failing EPUB's pass Flightcrew check before you left Sigil?
Yes they did – "No Problems!"
Advert
Old 01-10-2012, 10:46 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Yes they did – "No Problems!"

will it open in Calibre's viewer?
You may have done something unanticipated , If yo can, submit a (PM) bug report to the plugin creator and attach a bad book.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:58 AM   #7
Fabe
Dylanologist

Quote:
You may have done something unanticipated
If yo can, submit a (PM) bug report to the plugin creator and attach a bad book.
It opens and looks great in Calibre viewer.

Who is the 'plugin creator' and where do I find him/her?

Thanks for your persistence. - Fabe
Old 01-10-2012, 11:14 AM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
It opens and looks great in Calibre viewer.

Who is the 'plugin creator' and where do I find him/her?

Thanks for your persistence. - Fabe
The moderator for that forum is also the creator: click his name (miklev ) in Moderators at the bottom
Old 01-10-2012, 11:22 AM   #9
Fabe
Dylanologist

Quote:
The moderator for that forum is also the creator: click his name (miklev ) in Moderators at the bottom
Okay thanks, I just sent him/her a message.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:48 PM   #10
Fabe
Dylanologist

I may have created this problem by duplicating my first ePub file and using it as a template. I thought I was being efficient, but there is the issue of identifiers, something I am just learning about. As soon as I have a solution I will post it. - Fabe
Old 01-20-2012, 05:06 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:

You may have done something unanticipated , If yo can, submit a (PM) bug report to the plugin creator and attach a bad book.
Do these problem ePub eBooks open in ADE and look as you want?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote