Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 03-13-2024, 06:07 AM   #1
steve-kon
steve-kon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Help removing protection from a PDF file.

I have an app on my phone, ACK Comics. I downloaded few comics on it but they can't be viewed outside the app. It's downloaded in PDF format. Here's a link to the file,

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aQ4...w?usp=drivesdk

How do I know the type of protection on the pdf and remove it?
steve-kon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 07:44 PM   #2
Foozle
Connoisseur
Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
If it's DRM protected, you can't. It may be strictly proprietary protection that can't be broken. If so, you would have to find a DRM-free version.
Foozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 09:26 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
It's is a proprietary encrypted file. A PDF file will have %PDF-1. as the first characters of the file which your comic does not have. It may have been born as a pdf but it has been mutated.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drm, pdf