Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-07-2007, 03:58 PM   #1
kip2847
kip2847 began at the beginning.

Device: iliad
i dont understand

Am looking to develop apps. for the iliad .. i want to use the official toolchain that irex has. when i download the tool chain it is a zip older with other folders. My question is .. what do i do with that ?

My info :
OS - Fedora 6 core ( any other recommendation is great)
programming exp. some c++ (going bak to the books)
iliad firmware 2.9

any suggestional readings on kernal development?

thanx
kip2847 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:24 AM   #2
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by kip2847
Am looking to develop apps. for the iliad .. i want to use the official toolchain that irex has. when i download the tool chain it is a zip older with other folders. My question is .. what do i do with that ?
I don't have experience with the official toolchain, but if it's like other that I've used, you will have to:

1. Uncompress to the root of your filesystem (check if the directories make sense; there are some toolchains that are supposed to be uncompressed into /usr or in /opt).

2. Include/source a script prior to cross-compiling programs, so it sets the right environment variables so that it uses your cross-compiler (the one in the toolchain) correctly

3. Call the configure scripts of the programs you want to port with the appropiate parameters so that you cross-build. If you are doing programs from scratch, you have to do a Makefile with the proper "CC=name-of-the-crosscompiler", etc

Anyway, Matthijs said in another post that they were using Ubuntu, so it you find some library version mismatch, the easiest way would be installing a Ubuntu distribution...

If you want more specific help, for (1) post here the complete pathnames of some of the files in the toolchain archive, for (2), search for a file named "gcc-*" in the toolchain archive and with that I can say you the proper environment variables, and for (3), if you want an example makefile, with the information from (1) and (2) I can post one here ;-).
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert