Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-11-2013, 06:15 PM   #3031
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
right... I think I dont understand you fully.

The DX I run manages pictures no problem. of many different sizes. As 16 shades of grey is all it can physically manage I generally end up applying a monochrome-dither of some kind to get the best results.

I haven´t ever managed to get it to do a restart based on showing the images so far.

That´s really all I can report.

Posts aren´t moderator approved. They are very rarely removed. And never to my knowledge based on simple complaints about under-performant devices.

The DX is a slow, now old, device. Use it for what it can do and it works great.

It will never be able to perform like the newer devices.

HTH
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 08:44 PM   #3032
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Ouch. Please don't rape the french language - it's "la petite mort".

ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2013, 10:00 PM   #3033
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitakka View Post
I guess the pictures I downloaded are converted with much more than 50 shades of grey (beat this @GoSharks) causing the size, which my kindle can not handle.
At its age, I think it only takes 25 shades of grey to make my K2i tingle!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 01:06 PM   #3034
Polly7
Ebook/Ereader Lover
Polly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura aboutPolly7 has a spectacular aura about

Device: K4B
:Could anyone help?
I have jailbroken my Black Kindle 4, applied the font hack, and have deleted the nobrowser folder to get it to work in azw3 books, but still can't get my own fonts onto my kindle books. I put my own font in the linkfonts/fonts folder, correctly named (I think), eject the kindle and restart, but am still stuck on the default font hack fonts. I plugged the kindle in when it was on the homepage, so its not that.
Please Help!!
Polly7
Polly7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:24 PM   #3035
Andrawes
Andrawes began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Screensavers problems

Hello guys,

I'm sorry if I'm not posting in the right section. I'm new to this forum and that's a lot of threads over here, so much information that I'm a bit confused.

I'm having a Kindle 3/Wifi (B008), I have installed successfully the latest jailbreak, python and in the final the screen savers (kindle ss) tweak. Everything was successfully installed on my Kindle. The issue which I'm having is that, I'm not being able to see any changes regarding my screen savers. They are not changing, not working.

Does someone have any idea, what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance, guys.

___
Andrawes
Andrawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2013, 04:27 PM   #3036
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

did you touch in the covers file (like it says in the readme?)

EDIT: oops I meant cover

Last edited by twobob; 03-13-2013 at 05:46 PM. Reason: oops
Old 03-13-2013, 04:54 PM   #3037
Andrawes
Andrawes began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
did you touch in the covers file (like it says in the readme?)

Thank you for your answer twobob.

Well, I have to admit that I' don't quite understand what about cover file are you referring. I'm not an English native. All I can tell you is that I have read the readme, and did it all as it was mentioned there (for my device). After doing this, I have rebooted again the device too, copied png pictures in the screensavers folder, restarted again, and still not working, the cover of the device (when it's in standby mode), it's still not changing with the ones I want. I still have a picture on my front screen, from amazon ads (a book cover).
Andrawes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:45 PM   #3038
twobob

cover

From top post.

Quote:
Do you want to use the cover of the last book opened as a screensaver? Make sure you've installed the Python package first, then just drop a blank file named cover in the linkss folder. Restart your Kindle ([HOME] -> [MENU] > Settings -> [MENU] > Restart), and you're done .
Are you trying to use the book covers? that is the only reason you would need python (which is why I said it)
Old 03-13-2013, 08:13 PM   #3039
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrawes View Post
Thank you for your answer twobob.

Well, I have to admit that I' don't quite understand what about cover file are you referring. I'm not an English native. All I can tell you is that I have read the readme, and did it all as it was mentioned there (for my device). After doing this, I have rebooted again the device too, copied png pictures in the screensavers folder, restarted again, and still not working, the cover of the device (when it's in standby mode), it's still not changing with the ones I want. I still have a picture on my front screen, from amazon ads (a book cover).
You will have to contact Amazon to have the ads removed.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 11:48 PM   #3040
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrawes View Post
... from amazon ads (a book cover).
Doh. missed that. Thanks knc1

Yeah. That. remove. again, all in the notes.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:35 PM   #3041
O-Tello
O-Tello began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Hi all!

I'm a total newbie regarding Kindle topics. I fear I ran into some trouble when trying to "enhance" my Kindle 4NT. I already had a jailbreak and a screensaver hack installed. Had some custom screensavers on my device. I wanted to reset the screensaver to the original pictures. I thought it is enough to just update the Kindle to the current firmware (4.1.1). Unfortunately it's not.

So now my Kindle 4NT is running on 4.1.1. I already re-applied a jailbreak. But it's not possible to enable any screensavers again. The old (customized) screensavers are gone and I'm not able to re-enable any screensavers. Instead of any photo just a blank screen is shown.

First I tried to create a new screensaver folder the good old way via SSH but it seems that doesn't work anymore under 4.1.1.

Second I tried to use the "hack" listed in this thread. I can successfully update the Kindle with the "update_ss_0.34.N_k4_install.bin". All folders are created like expected. But after copying some pictures into the screensaver folder and rebooting nothing happens. Instead of any screensaver I still see just a blank page.

I'd be very happy, if anyone can support me and help me to find a solution to my problem.
O-Tello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:35 PM   #3042
O-Tello
O-Tello began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Resolved the problem by debricking the Kindle. It's know on complete factory settings (including the screensavers).
O-Tello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:44 AM   #3043
playful
Mammal
playful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmosplayful has become one with the cosmos

Device: Onyx Note Pro, Kindle DXG
DXG: reverting to original font

This has probably been answered before, but with 200+ pages on the thread, hard to find the answer...
On the DXG (2.58), with the font hack installed, is there a way of reverting to the original font (without uninstalling the hack)?

In linkfonts/fonts, my understanding is that we need to replace these files:
Serif_Bold.ttf
Serif_BoldItalic.ttf
Serif_Italic.ttf
Serif_Regular.ttf

However, I don't find the original Caecilia files anywhere.
What am I missing?

EDIT: found the Caecilia ttf on my old hard drive. Problem solved.

Last edited by playful; 03-29-2013 at 05:56 PM. Reason: problem solved
playful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:51 AM   #3044
fonzie4msg
Connoisseur
fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.fonzie4msg can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3gb (3g)
sorry...chose the wrong file ...*facepalm*

Last edited by fonzie4msg; 03-30-2013 at 09:04 AM.
fonzie4msg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:57 AM   #3045
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonzie4msg View Post
sorry...chose the wrong file ...*facepalm*
We have all done it - at least once : )

(IIRC my last would be - yesterday :P)

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet