Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-08-2010, 02:03 AM   #1
MarcWinter
MarcWinter began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Weird characters on PRS-600 after transfer from calibre

Hi!

I'm transmitting ebooks via calibre to my PRS-600s Memorystick. This works fine so far. Books are available on the reader; tags are properly translated to collections.

Unfortunately some of the titles and author-names are damaged: the last char is replaced by some strange symbol (PRS-600 mostly shows them as a little box). If I select the MemoryStick in calibre, it shows some strange chinese chars.

The entries in my library are shown without this error.

Any ideas?

Using calibre on Win7 x64, german installation.

Yours,

Marc
MarcWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 02:21 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcWinter View Post
Unfortunately some of the titles and author-names are damaged: the last char is replaced by some strange symbol (PRS-600 mostly shows them as a little box). If I select the MemoryStick in calibre, it shows some strange chinese chars.
I think this bug report might be what your experiencing.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2010, 09:18 AM   #3
MarcWinter
MarcWinter began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I think this bug report might be what your experiencing.
Exactly,

thanks for the info. Hopefully this gets fixed soon. Though it's not a real problem (things work fine), it looks quite irritating.

Marc
MarcWinter is offline   Reply With Quote