Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you already preorder the nook?
Yes 63 27.88%
No 45 19.91%
I am going to 10 4.42%
I may be going to 37 16.37%
I am not going to 71 31.42%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2009, 05:10 PM   #76
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2photo View Post

as far as "You can buy tablets today even ones that run macOS." I personally do not know of any other than the iPhone. we are not talking about hackintosh machines.
I believe this one is not a hack but a licensed product. http://www.axiotron.com/index.php?id=modbook

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:28 PM   #77
d2photo
d2photo began at the beginning.

Device: iphone/software readers
I have actually had a hand on with that device 2 years ago - expensive - basically you send in your machine and they retro fit it with a touch screen.

totally pen driven though and not a true "touch" screen. More along the lines of a wacom tablet.
d2photo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2009, 09:47 PM   #78
demoric
Kindle 2 User
demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.demoric has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
I am happy with my purchases of two kindle 2's. My wife absolutely loves hers, and for her the biggest feature that she uses is the text to speech. Myself I just have a rather large library already. I am pleased with the kindle's performance and was a little disappointed by the fact that the B&N's Nook wasn't full color. It wasn't quite the device I was hoping it would be.

Still though if I wasn't already a Kindle owner I would strongly consider it. Replaceable battery, and a nicer book browsing system (although thumbing through a few pages of book titles on the Kindle isn't bad). I would probably still end up with the kindle because of the large available library at usually cheaper prices.

I honestly feel that the nook is just the next natural evolution in e-reading where the kindle 1 was the beginning of the e-ink revolution. The next big change will be either tablet pc's with low reflective LCD's, or color e-ink.

Regardless, I hope both Amazon and Barnes and Nobles does very well and are strong competition with each other. Competition spurs innovation.
demoric is offline   Reply With Quote