Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-09-2008, 04:18 AM   #1
obelix
Connoisseur
obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

SUDOKU game for PRS-500 and PRS-505

Autorun SUDOKU game.

http://www.msh-tools.com/ebook/sudoku.html

Get archive at www.msh-tools.com/ebook/sudoku.zip , unpack to the root folder of the card. Insert card to the Reader.

1. Disclaimer. Use it on your own risk. However, this game does not modify firmware. In the worst case scenario the Reader can be "frozen" (for example, if the card is removed while playing). In this case press "reset" at the back and do "switch off" and "switch on".

2. The "hacks" applied to the Reader (PRS-500) can redirect the keys. Currently Sudoku should play on the unmodified Readers and the Readers where joystick is redefined to move to the next page (on "right" click). Advanced users can easily modify autorun.xml (the part where movements (keys) are defined) in accordance with the "hacks". What functions used in the "hacks" can be realized from the source of the hack builder.

In the feature I can modify the code to read "applicationStart.xml" when starting to automatically recognize current settings for the keys. Or some other way.

Last edited by obelix; 02-10-2008 at 10:40 AM.
obelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:03 AM   #2
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
On the 500 how do you move from square to square? I assume that the number buttons would determine what goes into a particular square, but without an onscreen cursor how does one move between squares?
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2008, 11:35 AM   #3
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Interesting concept but doesn't seem to quite work on the 500. The SUDOKU screen comes up & the Page buttons do move between the "START", "EASY" & "QUIT" but no button will activate any of these options, at least I couldn't get anything to happen.

In fact the Page back doesn't do anything. I can use the Page forward to toggle through the Start, Easy, & Quit. Or use the joy stick to toggle backward.

BTW, I do have the "Delete File" & the "Clock" hack activated.

slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:36 AM   #4
vinniet
Connoisseur
vinniet has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-500
Yes I think that is the problem. We have hacks for the number button and also the joystick left/right. This must be messing it up.
vinniet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 11:44 AM   #5
obelix
Connoisseur
obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Interesting concept but doesn't seem to quite work on the 500. The SUDOKU screen comes up & the Page buttons do move between the "START", "EASY" & "QUIT" but no button will activate any of these options, at least I couldn't get anything to happen.

In fact the Page back doesn't do anything. I can use the Page forward to toggle through the Start, Easy, & Quit. Or use the joy stick to toggle backward.

BTW, I do have the "Delete File" & the "Clock" hack activated.

It does work on 500 and 505, from SD and Memory Stick.

Press "enter" button (the central one) on 505 to do some action with menu. On 500 push central rod of the joystick.

a) Moves. with Up, Down, Left, Right (arrow buttons) (or joystick in 500)
b) Enter. (push central button) (or push center of joystick down)
c) Go to menu. "Menu" button.

To erase digit use "0"

It does not affect (and not affected) by "hacks".
Advert
Old 02-09-2008, 11:45 AM   #6
obelix
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhbailey View Post
On the 500 how do you move from square to square? I assume that the number buttons would determine what goes into a particular square, but without an onscreen cursor how does one move between squares?
There is onscreen cursor
Old 02-09-2008, 12:45 PM   #7
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
2obelix
Impressive. Could you point me to some info about Javascript functions available?
My intent is to write alternative bookshelf for SD cards.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:47 PM   #8
Zevs
Book lover!!
Zevs doesn't litterZevs doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader 505; Nowadays Stanza, Kindle, Txtr and Bluefire on iPhone
Doesn't work for me. I can't get it to start, I see the Soduku screen, and I can move between Start, difficulty level and Exit, but Start doesn't get me anywhere. Exiting it I also lost the page I was on for the books I'm currently reading. Not so nice I guess I should learn to keep away from trying things like this.

Zevs
Zevs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 01:10 PM   #9
obelix
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevs View Post
Doesn't work for me. I can't get it to start, I see the Soduku screen, and I can move between Start, difficulty level and Exit, but Start doesn't get me anywhere. Exiting it I also lost the page I was on for the books I'm currently reading. Not so nice I guess I should learn to keep away from trying things like this.

Zevs
Interesting, why claim problems instead of spend 1 minute to read the instructions?

Press "enter" button (the central one) on 505 to do some action with menu. On 500 push central rod of the joystick.

I have 3 Readers at home ( Prs-500 and PRS-505) and never experienced any problems with Sudoku. Please be more specific with the description of the problems.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:52 PM   #10
Zevs
Book lover!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by obelix View Post
Interesting, why claim problems instead of spend 1 minute to read the instructions?

Interesting that you would assume that I didn't read the instructions and didn't understand to press the enter button on my 505. How come you assume that ??

I have 505 and I already told in my previous post, perhaps you can look back at what I wrote, what the problems were. Pressing the enter button on my 505 didn't do anything when I had Start selected, and as I said I lost all the current pages in the books I was reading.

Zevs
Old 02-09-2008, 08:47 PM   #11
vinniet
Connoisseur
vinniet has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:

I have 3 Readers at home ( Prs-500 and PRS-505) and never experienced any problems with Sudoku. Please be more specific with the description of the problems.
Yes me too, I get the concept of ENTER. It pressing it does NOTHING. I can move between START - EASY - QUIT. It does not perform any action. In fact I can not move using the joystick, I had to use the page up and down buttons on the left side of my PRS-500
vinniet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 12:15 AM   #12
obelix
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniet View Post
Yes me too, I get the concept of ENTER. It pressing it does NOTHING. I can move between START - EASY - QUIT. It does not perform any action. In fact I can not move using the joystick, I had to use the page up and down buttons on the left side of my PRS-500
Sorry, I was wrong. Actually "hacks" affect the keys. I'll think what to do with all that. I've uploaded version which is good for unmodified firmware and for the the modification where "right" is redirected to the move to the next page.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:38 AM   #13
Zevs
Book lover!!

Quote:
Sorry, I was wrong. Actually "hacks" affect the keys. I'll think what to do with all that. I've uploaded version which is good for unmodified firmware and for the the modification where "right" is redirected to the move to the next page.
I don't have any hacks on my 505 but it behaves like Vinniet's,, i.e. the direction arrows don't move the "focus", I need to use page up and down for that.

Zevs
Old 02-10-2008, 08:01 AM   #14
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
I installed this Soduko on my 500 and find the following:
1) it works, although the on-screen navigation is slow
2) moving the joystick up and down works to move the cursor, moving the joystick to the left moves the cursor, but to move the cursor to the right I need to use the Page Forward button (either one).

Very clever implementation -- Thank you for sharing it with us!

Oh, by the way, I didn't lose any bookmarks nor any records of books being read.
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 11:10 PM   #15
PHugger
Connoisseur
PHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipsePHugger can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kindle 3G, Sony PRS-505
It also worked just fine on my unmodified 505. I must be getting used to the slowness..... )c8

The only problem was disappoint at the lack of fireworks when I won!

PCH
PHugger is offline   Reply With Quote