Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-14-2013, 01:59 PM   #1
jgsmith
Connoisseur
jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Kobo Touch, Kindle PW2
Kindle in Canada

I just ordered a PW2 from Amazon.ca and their website say "In stock on October 23rd". Is there a difference between a PW2 ordered on the .ca site vs the .com site? I assumed this was only a matter of when inventory was made available and not different h/w? Also, I thought the Canadian site was set to start shipping on the 10th or 15th...did they sell out?

Jim
jgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 05:13 AM   #2
Indigo121
Enthusiast
Indigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to behold

Device: Nook
I've just had the exact same experience with my international order. All the while the site said "starts shipping on the 15th", and now that we're on the 15th it says "in stock on the 22nd". I don't mind waiting another week, but I do mind the less than honest marketing ploys.

Yes, they ran out of stocks, but chose not to tell the consumers.
Indigo121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2013, 09:17 AM   #3
jgsmith
Connoisseur
jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgsmith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Are there any differences between the US PW2s and the ones shipped to Canada?

Jim
Old 10-15-2013, 09:53 AM   #4
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I believe the chip in the 3G is different. I think that is about it.

Normally Amazon starts selling in the US and makes units available outside the US when they are sure that they can handle the volume. Many years this has taken 2-4 months, it took a long time for the PW1 to be available in Europe. The PW2 seems to be rolling out pretty quickly in comparison. Especially since there is a new screen available.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:36 AM   #5
Indigo121
Enthusiast
Indigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to beholdIndigo121 is a marvel to behold

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsmith View Post
Are there any differences between the US PW2s and the ones shipped to Canada?
I don't know about that. I would imagine not. BUT there might be a difference with the ones you would buy in a few months time and the ones shipping now. For the first PW they seemed to work out some kinks and minimize various defects after the first waves of production. Same for goes many other electronics out there. although most PW2s so far seem to come out bug free. Most.
Indigo121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2013, 11:42 AM   #6
jgsmith
Connoisseur

I think the PW2 is selling well. 2 days ago it said "In stock on October 23rd", today it says "Usually ships within 2 to 3 weeks."

Jim