Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-25-2012, 09:40 PM   #1
ilvnet
ilvnet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
K4NT Keep rebooting

I don't know if its proper to start another thread here for help, cauz the problem is different now.

along w/ the WIFI problem posted in this thread
(https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170260)

my K4NT keep rebooting every 3 minutues even I turn off the WIFI, nothing can change that, I tried hold power button for 20 seconds, reset to factory default... I can't even read book now even I give up the WIFI connection.

is there anyway that I can restore the system image(firmware)? or downgrade to V4.0.0? or any solution suggestions?

Much Appreciated.
ilvnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvnet View Post
I don't know if its proper to start another thread here for help, cauz the problem is different now.

along w/ the WIFI problem posted in this thread
(https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=170260)

my K4NT keep rebooting every 3 minutues even I turn off the WIFI, nothing can change that, I tried hold power button for 20 seconds, reset to factory default... I can't even read book now even I give up the WIFI connection.

is there anyway that I can restore the system image(firmware)? or downgrade to V4.0.0? or any solution suggestions?

Much Appreciated.
Your unit is defective. Call Kindle support for a replacement.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2012, 01:32 AM   #3
ilvnet
ilvnet began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Your unit is defective. Call Kindle support for a replacement.
Thanks Blossom!

Kindle did offer to send a replacement, but I'm traveling in China now and they can not send kindle to China....

I'm still trying to fix it... how can I make sure it is hardware defect?
ilvnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:18 PM   #4
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilvnet View Post
Thanks Blossom!

Kindle did offer to send a replacement, but I'm traveling in China now and they can not send kindle to China....

I'm still trying to fix it... how can I make sure it is hardware defect?

For the simple fact that it's not supposed to do what you say it's doing, therefore it's defective.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote