Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 04-01-2011, 03:02 PM   #1
loyukfai
Zealot
loyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura about

Device: none
Annotations Across Platforms...?

Is there any ebook readers with good annotation support (highlight, comment, bookmark), available on different platforms (e.g. PC, Android), and not controlled by a major publisher (e.g. Amazon, B&N, Sony), that would allow me to transfer the annotations locally between devices?

Thanks in advance.
loyukfai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 05:53 AM   #2
eksor
Connoisseur
eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eksor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs700, i-mate JAMin, smartq v7, GeeksPhone Zero, iPad 3rd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyukfai View Post
Is there any ebook readers with good annotation support (highlight, comment, bookmark), available on different platforms (e.g. PC, Android), and not controlled by a major publisher (e.g. Amazon, B&N, Sony), that would allow me to transfer the annotations locally between devices?

Thanks in advance.
Hi:

I was the advisor of a PhD thesis and I could fully annote the whole document using xournal in my SmartQ V7, not exactly a ebook reader... When a journal sends me a paper to review i use xournal on my laptop. Xournal lets you annotate a pdf and saves the annotations on a separate file. When finished, you can export the annotated document as a single pdf file. Not sure about bookmarks, but it supports highlighting, comment and some basic drawing. The software is crossplatform http://xournal.sourceforge.net/.

Some one in this forum post a script or a tool to export PRS-650 annotations.

Regards.
eksor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2011, 12:34 PM   #3
loyukfai
Zealot
loyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the input.

It seems that PDF is the only format that is "annotatable" and has cross-platform support, but it isn't a good format for reading ebook, since the layout is fixed and not adjustable between different screen sizes.

Cheers.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
loyukfai
Zealot

Just remember that some books will have to be scanned manually, probably into TIF/PDF, anyway. Xournal seems to be a good option, and PDF is more portable (or "cross-platform") than OneNote (suggested here) and Windows Journal.

BTW, have you tried Jarnal or Gournal...?

Cheers.

P.S. Ahh... Forgot that while PDF are readable on most platforms, the notes taken with Xournal cannot. Good thing is that discussion about this has happened on Xournal-devel. Maybe we'll see one released later.

Last edited by loyukfai; 04-07-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:35 PM   #5
loyukfai
Zealot

Discussing PDF readers/annotators here...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...24#post1468724
Advert